Diagnosis
11/2008
Country
US
State
Kansas
City
Emerald
Today I was listening to Browning's and John Lennon's "Grow Old Along With Me". Tears flowing down my face. And I realized...

I'm tired. Tired of the suffering, the misery, the loss. Isn't what this song is supposed to be for everyone? Why do we have to have children suffering from cancer? Young spouses losing the loves of their lives? Children losing their Moms and Dads way before their time? Parents burying their children? Its all senseless.

I know life isn't fair, me of all people know that. But for once, can anyone please help me with the reasoning? I'm just not getting it right now!

I'm sorry, I don't normally rant, this has just been a very teary tissue filled weekend.

My love to all,

Sending you a big hug Toto. I am praying for you and everyone else on this forum. Stay strong. We all need you and your friendship. Love, Kim

Toto, I think the hardest lesson in growing up is the reality that life is not fair. It just isn't. If it was, bad things wouldn't happen to people like you and my brother.

I wish things were different for my brother. I wish things were different for you.

Hugs to you.

Toto,
I know...I wish there were answers, a magic wand, pixie dust. All I have are hugs and tissues...

Jen

Good morning Toto -

I'm wishing for a sunnier day for you- outside and inside.

Jen-

How 'bout some pixie dust for all of us huh? How great would that be?

It is all senseless, the life. The existentialist philosophers called it 'the absurd'. It is not even about fairness or unfairness, it just IS. Doesn't mean that I, a non-believer and a rationalist, find it any easier (despite 'buying into' existentialist philosophy). I often think that those who have faith and believe this all to be a part of a grander plan, have at least a tiny bit of hope...Warm regards, D.

tot..es...my life and sole of the party..u is entiled to an off day babes...cant cheer u up quick...u is a spirited so and so and u wont be down for long........liked danijelas quote///...lifes absurd, cos it is init........loves johnny...

Hope your feeling more yourself today. I to am sick of everything being sad.

Thanks so much CJ. You're the bestest. You must start a thread for those of us who are media impaired on how to do all these technological finds we have at our disposal. I've been here about 3 years and just figured I could use a standard issue avatar. Pretty pathetic.

I'll get back with y'all when I get my head unclogged from the tears.

Toto - how are you? thinking of you. A lot of inspirational posts lately and am hoping you have seen some of them. I, along with many others, are willing to carry you or wait by your side. as stated so eloquently by notgivnup:

". . . when one falls we all rally around to pick them up and help carry them till their strength returns . . . . watching out for fellow travelers, ready to do whatever it takes to help them through"

We're all here . . .

You have impeccable taste in music, Toto. I've never heard this song but I'm listening to it now and it's so haunting and beautiful.

You and me both Toto, must be something in the air. Everything is rubbish just now. Also I'm fed up putting a brave face on and pretending everything is fine. It's not. So I have a scowl on today and if people dont like it - tough. If I want to wallow in self pity today then I will, it's my self pity to do with as I feel. I think we should be able to have a really bad, stinking, bad-tempered, sad, angry, kicking furniture and smashing plates day if we want to without feeling guilty about upsetting others, and if we want to burst into tears for no obvious reason then so be it. Others can just stay out of the way if they can't handle it. Let them try handling what you and most of the folk on this forum have to handle every single day and see how happy clappy they are then. "Cheer up", "things will get better" "It's just a rough patch" "Things will look better in the morning". Oh really? I dont need any more inspirational poems, uplifting one liners and, worse of all, fridge magnets with prayers on them. All very nice, and people mean well. What I'd like is a miracle, just one, God, if you're listening. Rid this planet of all the terminal, incurable diseases you have seen fit to bestow on us. Alphabetically. OK maybe 2 miracles...can I have back the four lovely souls you have taken from me in the past 11 months.? Rant away Toto, scream, cry and kick people if you are able, you might feel better and their bruises will heal. Believe it or not, it was one of those aforementioned fridge magnets which put me in this mood today. Never mind I'll "cheer up" because "things will get better" as "it's just a rough patch" and "things will look better in the morning". I have a lot to be grateful for, I have my health, but I would be even more grateful if everyone had their health, lived into their 90's and slept happily away with a glass of wine in their hand and a smile on their face. Not much to ask is it?.... Is it God?...... Are you there?..... Don't put me on hold again............ I think there might be a lightning bolt with my name on it soon. x

Oh dear. 30 mins after my post we had a spectacular thunderstorm. Didn't dare go outside....... Dog is still cross legged in the corner. Don't know whether to offer up apologies and/or order rosary beads online. Sorry God, but if you can't take it, don't dish it out (old Scottish saying... which I've just made up). Hope you are feeling a lot better today Toto, if I don't answer you'll know what's happened.

I'm with you, Scottslassie! I have my days too! Love your new, old Scottish saying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back