Diagnosis
5/2014
Country
US
State
FL
City
Tampa
Just an fyi, Publix supermarkets works with Shipt. For $99 a year you can place your grocery order online, pay for it, and have it delivered to your home. The service has worked well for me.

I have also tried the walmart app where you can order your groceries and pay but you have to go to the store to pick them up. Not all walmarts do this but perhaps this will help someone.

We order online with Weiss Markets and then my wife goes and they deliver to the car.

This is fast and so very helpful. Glad you were able to find a place Pete��

Depending on your city, you can get groceries delivered by Google, Amazon, Safeway, Instacart just to name a few. Type in online grocery delivery and your zip code.

I almost kissed the delivery man from Stop and Shop's Peapod service the first time I used them. Ordered on line and delivered to my kitchen counter for $6.95. Instead of spending the few hours a week I got out of the house grocery shopping.

I love my home in the sticks, but surely do miss the conveniences of larger communities... Grocery delivery is a GREAT idea.

Another benefit in our house is that M does the ordering!!!��
Anna

I'm with you Nuts.....love my spot in the sticks but have to give grocery online delivery a miss. Pity, as I'm forever running out of things nowadays. It's feast or famine here....

Anna, I do the ordering also. I even try and make lunch for my wife each day before she goes to work and I make dinners. More and more she has to bring dinner home, but I still try. She does not cook (except maybe a bowl of Cheerios :) ).

M was never the cook, so it would make me laugh if he were to fix me lunch! Once a week he used to order delivery meal. Now his speech is bad. He does set up the coffee so when I get up there is hot coffee to get me going. He is fanatical about doing this and I love him for it. Once a week a friend comes over to be his hands and gopher to do things around the house. His progression is more pronounced this past few months. We are working on a new normal. Hoyer lift comes in 2 weeks. He needs to be in a power chair in the house but he is mentally not ready. 15 minutes to walk with his rollator, because of pronounced spasticity, a few feet seems a waste of energy to me. I love hearing your perspective, it has guided me in M's care.
Anna

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 185
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back