Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
New Jersey
City
Marlton
I had to walk in the supermarket today because none of the little cars were charged.

Maybe time to start thinking about a power chair if you need the scooter.

AL.

That used to annoy me too. Now of course, I'm in my PWC.

That happened several times to my husband and we never tried to use one of the scooters in the big box stores again. Of course, now that is a moot point. We have the Invacare chair that tilits, reclines and elevates but he usually doesn't feel up to a visit to a store.

I used the store scooter the other day for the first time and was really amazed at how easy it made my shopping trip. Have you ever noticed that when you're reallt tired and in a hurry, the one item you need is in the far back corner of the store? Must be a Murphy's law, like the one person in line in front of you in the 20 items or less like has a full cart. LOL!

I tried to use one once at Walmart. The old fart (sorry to any fellow old farts on here... nothing personal) greeter at the door told me those were reserved for people with medical problems. I told him I have a medical problem. He then told me they were for OLD people with medical problems. Had no idea being 32 with ALS would exclude me from using old Uncle Wally's power carts. I haven't bothered to try it again. I figure I should just keep walking while I can. Sorry for your frustration... vent away! It helps!

Wow - maybe we should all wear a bright neon sign or put a tatoo on our foreheads....you should contact Wally World's HQ and let them know.

Did you hear about the little girl who was told to leave Daisy Exchange b/c she had a dog with her (assistive). The mgr called, apologized and sent her a $25 gift card (cheap buy-off). When she & her dog and mother went to use the card, the same thing happened again. Ka-ching! I hope the little girl's college is going to be paid for by the (a) settlement or (b) outcome of the lawsuit.

As an HR person with 25+ yrs of experience, what happened to you at WM just sends chills up my spine.

Glu it sounds like an opportunity for a little publicity for ALS by writing a letter to the local newspaper. There sure are some dumb asses out there.
Laurel

Sooo.... does that mean if I, as a person who doesnt NEED to use a cart, wants to try one out finally (always wanted to)...
Then I should prolly go to wally world at like 2 in the morning?!
That really does stink tho- them not having one available for you... shouldve pitched a fit.

I would have pitched a hissy and gotten the store manager.

That's so wrong.
Why is it somebody that doesn't know you from a hole in the ground be the one to determine if you need a motorized cart.

I guess we know where the soup nazi works now!

I used to work at Wally world and I can guarantee you Sam Walton is spinning in his grave at the things that go on at Wally world now. Love you guys and agree with you whole heartly

Sometimes you just have to laugh....walked in to Homeland the other night and asked for a little help getting the motor cart going and the clerk actually said, "Oh, do you want to ride it?" I bit my tongue to keep from saying, no, I just wanted to see if you could get it going. Ranks right up there on the stupidity scale with the complete stranger who asked if I had arthritis in my left hand. Geesh.

I left a brand new Target store a few months ago when all 3 of the scooters sitting there were dead... the nice clerk did say I could use the wheelchair and get pushed around the store by my son? Thank you no, we went to wally world. A few weeks later we left that t store yet again, as an obese woman got the last working scooter, again the other one there didn't work. Really hard to keep them plugged in folks? Told my kids not to judge her that she may have had other medical issues, but it certainly looked like if she weren't 400 lbs. then she could be walking just fine. Wish I could!

I know I don't look sick. I know I can walk some. The rest of the world (excpet you guys) don't know how limited my stamina and stregnth are. I have a handicapped tag and get looks from people. but we all have to let it roll off. We have a saying in the South: "They just don't understand, poor things!" Better than the alternative.

Peace and Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back