Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
tx
City
el paso
My name is name is Manuel, nicked Metti, and I am scheduled for an EMG this upcoming wednesday. I have been experiencing muscle twitching since last Sept. It started with Parathesia then the twitching started and would come and go around my whole body with certain hotspots in my toe, inner left though, and part of ribs. And since January I've been experiencing some sort of Myoclonic jerks in my sleep, which wake me up. So i finally got insurance to get an EMG done.

Hi Manuel,I suppose that you are writing here becouse you're a little scared of having some motor neuron problems. I don't know if you are also experiencing muscles weakness or not. I think the better thing is not to worry and wait to see what the EMG will say....your symptoms may be caused by BFS or by a lot of treatable reasons. Have you already been seen by a neuro? good luck and let us know.

No this wednesday is my first visit to one. I'm hoping for the best. :)

HI

Your sensory issues lean away from ALS not toward it. Good luck with your appt! Jerks in the sleep can also be quite common--I've had them for ---probably 20 years or more.

I didn't get any sleep last night and it was accompanied with discomfort. The discomfort was so bad that I actually went to the ER. I told the doctor whats been going on with me. He then gave me a field sobriety test and then told me I have RLS. I'm a little scared now. I'm hoping he is wrong and that I'm just feeling withdrawal from Xanax. So I'm going to take Xanax again. I also have some Ambien which I'm too afraid to take with or without Xanax. I really need this wednesday to come soon.

What is RLS? I am sorry for what you are going through. Isn't xanax a antidepressant? Can you take that and ambien at the same time?

RLS = Restless Leg Syndrome

Great news!

It's because he is an ER doctor and barley saw me and they kicked me out. I dont think his diagnosis is accurate.

Heck, I'd love to hear I had RLS! Restless legs or a death sentence...let me think a moment...not.

Sorry--but if your legs are being weird--it's something to seriously consider and there is a med for that. Also, if you've been taking xanax and suddenly stopped on your own--it can cause all the issues you've described.

Feel better and good luck with the doc.

Thank you. And today is the day. I'm going to get a venous doppler and an EMG today. I asked everyone I knew if they can come with me for support, but no one can go. I pray for strength and hope for the best.

im about to get my day started. but just wondering. if i get a clean emg then that means I have nothing at all right?

Why are you focused on als? It could be any number of things. Have you had any other test done? I wish you luck today but if you feel if there is something wrong broaden your search.

Well 2 hours before my emg the doctor's office called and wanted to reschedule to next friday. And I dont' know what I'm so fixed on als. And yeah it can be any number of things. I will try to broaden my search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back