Great News for Vets; Good News for Others 2nd Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graybeard

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Surf City
Just got this from my PVA rep: "Auto grant law just came out. Will be busy working on getting paperwork completed tomorrow."

This means we vets don't have to wait until we can no longer walk to get the auto grant. This will assure a better supply of used ones for the rest.

Many thanks to my friend Jean Gronewald, former CALS from Enumclaw, who never got the auto grant, but made the ALS trip to DC last year to lobby.

I started a thread with same title last October.

Attachments

• AutoBenefit.jpg
    AutoBenefit.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 400
Graybeard, Do you know if this has been changed for sure? The date on the letter is. Sept. 12. Thanks, Steph

This email came in last night from my PVA rep:

"Auto grant law just came out. Will be busy working on getting paperwork (for you) completed tomorrow."

I had him watching for it. The letter said it would take up to six months to be enacted.

I got so excited because we have been trying to get this for steve but its not happened and we really need it. Thanks!

that is fantastic news!

Thanks for the share, this is great news!

I'm confused. My PALS got his mobility van when he got his powerchair last fall from the VA. He was still walking but definitely a fall risk. Thought this was policy already?

Sherry

Lucky you.

They have my new PWC, stored since last summer. They refused my van grant, as I am bulbar onset and can still walk.

Graybeard,
I am so sorry! If you qualified for the chair you certainly qualify for transport for it. Looks like you'll get it now, hope it's soon!

Sherry

Thought this was policy already?
prior to this we had to meet a set of criteria that measured the degree of impairment. The new policy eliminates these criteria and simply uses the diagnosis.

Quicker, fairer and less prone to interpretation.

This seems like really good news. I was just wondering how it was good news for other PALS (who are not veterans).

Great news, thanks for sharing

Mike

It was in my original thread: the good news for non veterans will be the greater supply of used vans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back