Diagnosis
01/2004
Country
US
State
ca
City
sant barbara
Last night I had a dream that my Dad called me. He hasn't been able to talk for a few years now, his speech has been unintelligible for about 4 years. Anyways, in my dream he called and his voice was perfect! He said that he woke up being able to talk and didn't think it would last long so he wanted to call me right away so he could tell me that he loves me and that he is SO thankful for all I've done for him. He said he wanted to share the gift of his being able to talk with me and he sang me little songs he used to sing to me when I was a kid. It was crazy, in the dream I could hear him... Sadly my dogs started to bark about something or other during this dream and woke me up. I kept going back to sleep hoping to grab back onto it but it was lost. What a great dream though, how awesome! :)

What a gift! What a blessing! And you know those things are exactly what he would tell you if he could speak again.
BethU

What a gift indeed! That is fantastic, hold tightly onto that memory. I am so happy for you.

great dreams

I have great dreams too! Love them and boy I do wish I could have them every night.
In my dreams my husband is completely well and looks super and is smiling his big old smile and walking towards me with outstreched arms. SOMEDAY! :-D

Will never stop hoping for him and you all!

Patty

I love those kind of dreams. Your Dad really feels the way you think he does, too. I know I would! Hugs, Cindy

Okay, want to hear something creepy? I was talking to my little sister a couple of days ago and she told me, "I had the greatest dream a couple nights ago that Dad called me!" My sister lives in Texas and though we talk often, I hadn't told her about my dream yet... how weird is that? I want to ask my brothers if they have dreamed about Dad calling them too! I told my Dad about the dreams and he just smiled. I told him I know that if he woke up able to talk he would do exactly that, call his kids & tell them that he loves them. I asked him if he had dreamed about calling us and he just smiled. Totally strange!

I had another dream about my Dad this week in which he came over to my house and told me that he woke up feeling "normal" and wanted to share it with me. He raided my fridge and cooked himself a huge meal and then pigged out while I just watched and stared. Then he said we were going on a photo shoot and he started out taking pictures of the flowers in my yard. This was SO DAD. Anyways, these dreams were great because they brought Dad back to me. I have watched him be so sick for so long now that there have been times that I am sad because I can't remember what his voice sounds like and times I am scared that my memories will be overshadowed by the ones of him sick and helpless. The dreams brought back my Dad who was always full of life, silly and adventurous. Pretty awesome huh? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back