Status
Not open for further replies.
HI,

I am embarassed as I did not realize that the posting was "done." I have another post that is being checked out because of sites too. I posted without realizing there were more posts than I had read.

However, I did want to add that Angela Hospice Care Center in Livonia, Mi, does provide specialized hospice care for PALS and the new center opened last year and has very large rooms with lifts and all sorts of other things designed specially for ALS care. The resident care is not "free" but the hospice care part is covered under Medicare.

What is your project Brother? Best Wishes, Peg

Hi Peg, glad I caught your post. I might be sending out some PMs for advice. Everybody in the class is doing a real project except for me. Well, mine is real enough, but I am inventing my organization. I was reading a recent thread on lifts where one caregiver bought a lift that in the end wasn't the right choice. In the thread she talked about precious resources being wasted. That's exactly the kind of thing I am talking about. I might have a problem documenting my needs assessment, so (today actually) I am on the hunt for statistics. I would love to know what percentage of CALS are family members? What percentage of PALS are on Medicaid? Of all the CALS what percentage have training, and then what kind?

So anyway, I did click the "close this thread", yet here we are. I'll do it again. Maybe it's just that closing the thread throws up an icon but doesn't actually prevent posting. Who knows? Not a big deal. Ta-ta.

Please PM me if you have anything to add on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back