Diagnosis
04/2019
Country
US
State
FL
City
Fort Pierce
I'm so angry right now I'm seeing red. Once again Governor Disastrous is putting the people of Florida at risk. He announced 100% bar and restaurant openings and is relaxing mask wearing 🤯 are you kidding me???? He's also touting a full venue superbowl in February. Do you think he'll be sitting in the stadium shoulder to shoulder mask free enjoying the game or holed up in his home safely in front of his tv.

We're already seeing a problem with our schools. My daughter is a teacher and 3 out of the 5 teachers in her pod are sick. My daughter sent home 3 of her students for being sick. Parents are getting around sending their sick children to school by giving them tylenol in the morning so when they have temperature check they're ok then by afternoon they're showing symptoms of being sick. I just don't understand this.

Oh Lisa, I’m so there with you. Florida is about to blow up with cases once again, right in time for the fall flu season. The lack of respect for human life by that approach is one of the cruelest behaviors I’ve ever seen.

Everyone gets the need to get folks back to work and keep small businesses afloat, but the sacrifice of human life by throwing the doors wide open is a deal with the devil. My wife is scared every day, but so far her school has fared okay. It’s just a matter of time, though.

I know this sounds apocalyptic, but I think some type of civil war is coming. K

I agree Kevin something is unfortunately going to erupt. I think I need to step back from the news and give some positive energy through meditation, reading or crocheting. Anything to bring my stress level down and stop throwing things at the tv. My husband keeps telling me to take a deep breath and let it go before I have a heart attack.

I can't wait to hear Kim's thought about this. :LOL: Kim? Where are you?

It's absolutely insane. Full crowd at the Super Bowl??? I can only think he got the call from Daddy who told him he needs to do this. The very sad reality is that there IS a smart way to open up during a pandemic so that the economy (and mental health) doesn't have to crater. Other nations have proved it. But it involves lots of compliance with things like testing, masks, and contact tracing, and I guess that's just too onerous for our freedom-loving country. I do agree there's a good chance we have civil unrest if this schmuck really tries to overturn the will of the people. Oh but don't worry, we have the Supreme Court to make sure things are good. :rolleyes:

Eric,
You hit It right on the head, daddy was close by in the state doing not one but 2 packed rallies. Imagine that. 🤔

I'm beyond angry. We just had a school teacher AND her brother (who is a paramedic) die from Covid. Right up the road from me. Ron DeShitHead strikes again. Because we are a huge population swing state, our governor will do anything to appease his Master-in-Chief.

My sister-in-law called today. She said she took my brother, who has bad dementia, out for a drive yesterday and got "trapped" in a Trump parade. They were huge trucks with big flags, banners, beer drinking while driving, and loud music.

I feel so bad for teachers, cashiers, and all those people who desperately need to work. They no longer have the protection of mandated masks and there is no limit to the number of rednecks that will pile into the local bars. I can't imagine being a server at a restaurant. That's not freedom. That is insanity.

Lisa, I am adding your daughter to my prayer list. I have other friends in the condo who have sons and daughters that are teaching and they are afraid for them.

This madness affects everyone who has ALS. It is important and they need to hear our voice. I wrote to Marco Rubio and Rick Scott, Florida's greedy Senators, to tell them how they've let their State down. Agent Orange has them both in his hip pocket, so I doubt my letters will matter.

If I have to crawl to the polls, I will. My voting location is a short power wheelchair ride from here.

If the EU is smart, they will ban US travelers indefinitely.

If I hear the work hoax one more time, my head will explode.

Moreover, the way this pandemic was handled in the US was an utter failure and travesty. All for what?

As I’ve mentioned before, my brother died from COVID in July. He would ABSOLUTELY be alive right now if not for COVID.

@EricInLA I completely agree that there is a safe way to open. Other countries have proved that time and time again. But, until our leaders stop making this political, families like mine will just keep mourning their dead.

And don’t even get me started on all the “pro-life” people who obviously think the only people worth saving are the unborn. I mean, why wear a mask and protect all of us immunocompromised people? We’re going to die anyway, so who cares about us 🙄

The hypocrisy in our country right now is keeping me off of social media and the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back