Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
5/2008
Country
US
State
Ga
What a relief! I feel like I have really been burning my legs out climbing the stairs, and where I live, I don't have many downstairs options. We bought a used one I found online. Like new for half the price of a new one. Woot!

Ladyinn

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
11/2009
Country
US
State
South Dakota
Way to go! Now don't go crazy riding it up and down! Diane

Phil M

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
5/2008
Country
US
State
Ga
Way to go! Now don't go crazy riding it up and down! Diane
I got to have some fun! Trying to get my cat to ride with me, she does not seem interested though...lol

joelc

Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
09/2005
Country
CA
State
BC
I am glad you have it. Enjoy!

abbas child

Very helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
Maryland
Oh, Phil, that's such great news. Is it already installed? We also had one, used, next door. It was great. Do you have smooth floors upstairs or carpet? Just a head's up...smooth is lots easier unless you're in a power chair (I've never used a power chair on carpet, but assume it's fine). You can carry laundry on your lap if needed..unless your cat can adjust and wants your lap ;)

irismarie

Very helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
Wonderful. I WANT ONE. I feel so ashamed lately I am feeling envious all the time. Disgraceful!
I waNT ONE to go down the steps to my garden.
I want one of everything that is good that everybody has, except your wives and maybe not the husbands:)Well, not all at once;-)
But a van for the powerchair, a stairlift, something that could put my legs to bed with me, something to KEEP MY FEET HOT.........Sigh..........
.BUt enjoy, dear Phil, enjoy. I dont want you to feel guilty that you are having fun with a stair lift while poor little me has nothing:-(
;-)

Phil M

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
5/2008
Country
US
State
Ga
Me, and my dad put it in. They are easy. We mounted it on top of the carpet that is on the stairs. I live upstairs like a inlaws suite, and it was a pain carrying supplies up the stairs.

tdamess

Very helpful member
Reason
Loved one DX
Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
ma.
that is great happy for you

SMillheiser

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
california
ALSGA will have an available stair lift very soon. Anyone interested?

Stu

haase

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
VA
Hoorah for you, Phil! I don't have stairs with which to contend generally, but when I do, heaven help me! Best wishes! Carol

sadiemae

Very helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
We got ours a couple months ago. Enjoy! HUGS Lori

LauraW

Distinguished member
Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
09/2008
Country
US
State
New York
We got one last year...had to have it had to have it haqd to have it! MOM nEVER USES IT. sHE DOESWN'T NEED TO GO DOWNSTAIRS...EVERYTHING SHE HAS IS UP HERE. wISH i COULD GIVE IT AWAY BUT THEN SHE WOULD WANT IT AGASIN! Whoops sorry about the caps......

Madison1943

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
05/2009
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
I got a used stairlift last fall, so I can get upstairs and down, but it's in two sections because of a turn and it's getting harder to hop up to the next section. It's a pain, but I've never walked up those stairs since. So I love it and when I can't use it anymore, we'll have to bring my bed downstairs and there goes the party. No more showers....yup, stairlifts are great. You can even forget something and go back down for it. Easy! My little dog rides with me sometimes. But not the cat. Enjoy it.
Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.