Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
Ugh! I have a lovely cold with a drippy nose, cough, watery eyes and general malaise.

I have not been sick in a really long time--I am a pretty healthy person and usually I use the power of positive thinking to over come cold bugs. But this one is a doosy!

Sure hope my pals doesn't catch it...

Hi Barbie,
So, sorry to hear you have a bad cold. Drink plenty of liquids and I'm a a big believer in chicken soup. Can you get a mask to where and gloves when helping your PALS. Can your kids or anyone help you out so you can get some rest. We use alot of Lysol wipes and hand sanitizer. We are all going to see my dad a few days after Christmas and I'm also concerned about one of us accidently getting him sick. Hope you feel better soon. Kim

Colds are the worst. Not sick enough to be in bed and sick enough to be miserable. I am so sorry Barbie. A nice hot toddy and good nights sleep would make you feel better if you can fit it in with all else that you do.

Take care of you.

Oh no! So draining and there's just no time for colds! Hope you feel better soon!

I had an awful cold a couple of months ago - no fever- just sneezing and coughing nonstop. I was terrified that my mom would get it. I constantly washed my hands and wore one of those masks when I did her feedings. I thank goodness she did not get sick - I can't imagine her having a cold with her bulbar issues. I hope it doesn't last long.

Gee whiz Barbie!

Hope you get better soon - keep hydrated and stop baking! Rest!
Buy ready made if you need to - not worth over exerting and getting sicker. (and grouchy)

I hope you get feeling better soon, Barbie.

I hope you feel better soon. Someone at work turned me on to Cold-eeze. If I ever feel like a cold is starting I have a couple of those, and my colds are either non existent, or very short lived. Try it sometime.
I hope you feel better over the rest of the holidays.

Well Merry Christmas Rudolph. Also take Vit.C 1000mg every hour until you get the trots, Zinc. No fooling this really works.

Merry Christmas Barbie.

I hope you are up to snuff - and not sniffling.

Feeling better now!

I was really miserable Christmas eve...got up at 8:30 am and went back to bed when the CNA arrived at 9:30! slept til 1 pm, and that really helped.

What really made me feel better was when I walked down the stairs (was napping in my daughter's room) and she was decorating our Christmas tree! That just really perked me up and put me in the Christmas mood. My other daughter made some cookies and my sons went to the store and bought me Chicken soup.

Unfortunately my poor husband has caught it--he is feeling sneezy today and that was the first sign...I feel bad--I was a drippy mess the first couple of days and am sure I spread some germs on him.

Ok--I walked in the door after work, and my husband was watching TV with a napkin shoved up each nostril! I had to laugh! my son was taking care of him after the CNA left, and got tired of wiping the drips. They were both pleased with the results :D

Thank you for that image. I actually laughed out loud when I read it, and I totally could see my husband doing the same thing. Actually I have seen him do the same thing. Well, it worked and that is all that matters. Thanks for the laugh.
Paulette

Actually, I have come up with an even better invention: I took a head band (the stretchy exercise ones that girls wear) and put it on my husband like a retainer. The thick side that is usually up in front was in back, and the thin side that is usually under the hair was on his top lip under his nostrils. then I folded a paper towel so it was small enough to fit around the band under his nose and clear his mouth so he could breathe. TA DA! drips are a thing of the past! I call it the snot retainer...

one winter when I was at work my nose was dripping like a faucet, and I couldn't go home, so I stuffed tissue in nose and cut it off so it wouldn't be sticking out. When I went to my patient to start his IV he gave me a really strange look. I told him he had a choice, keep the plugs in, or take them out and drip snot. He chose the plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back