Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
Fair Oaks
I find it really hard to leave this forum because I find everything you all say so encouranging. But I have found that I spend endless hours searching the differences between everyones symptoms. I am getting so paranoid that it is not serving me. I love and respect you all, you can not even imagine..I have been here for about a year now. I believe now that I must give myself a chance to find other things to occupy my thoughts and time..like Cindy said. I will miss and go through withdrawls each day not checking in on all of you...you have become my extended family. My emg is next week, I will finally be able to lay this to rest..god be with me. My prayers are with all of you...I truely pray that you have long happy lives filled with joy abundantly...XOXOXO

Happy

PS Al you may erase my profile

Last edited:
If you don't mind , could you come back after the EMG and let us know the results? I'll take your name down then if you want.
AL.

Sure, thank you...see, it's so hard to stay away. :?

I'll miss you Happy!

You can call me Goofy!

happy

sorry you feel the need to leave.
i hope your emg goes ok,please let us know.
i will miss your wonderfull whacky sense of humour.
take real good care.
caroline:-D

We'll miss you Happy, but I agree that its in your own best interest. If you can focus your energy away from your fears you'll be in better shape.

Once, I read a figurative "barometer" we should use to measure how consumed we were with problems in our lives, and it pointed out how we can so easily cross the line from "interested" to "worried" to "obsessed". When one reaches the obsessed level, it helps to serve no one and no good purpose.

As I'd posted yesterday, it was a concern to me, for your sake, that if you stayed involved that the level you currently were, that even when your EMG results gave no indication of ALS, that it would not comfort you.

So, even though you'll be missed, you're taking care of the most important thing, which is your vitality, so that you can be what you need to be for yourself and your loved ones. This forum shouldn't serve to feed our fears, but to give us information and support when needed. Of course we form friendships, and it makes it hard to be away.

Like Al and others have said, I wish you the best of luck with your test, and we'd love to hear how it comes out.

big cyber hugs to you! ( ((:))))) )

Happyt
You are doing the best thing for yourself
I wish some others that are dwelling on this disease would do the same. And move on and live a productive and happy life
Its a healthy move

God Bless you!
Pat

I agree, Robyn. Come back and tell us the results of your EMG but in the meantime go and enjoy your life. Maybe by the time you get your results, you will be able to tell us what other thing youu were able to train your mind to focus upon. :-D Cindy

Robin,
Good luck with your test, in the mean time enjoy the rest of the summer.

What "rest of the summer?" :( Labor Day is almost here and I found a singel red leaf in my yard this morning! bummer!

at least you get a summer compared to cold rainy england.
if next year is as bad as the last few i am coming over to you.
so be warned,i may turn up on someones doorstep:lol:,with the cat in tow.
take good care.
caroline:-D

Come anytime, with or without cat! I'll show you around Boston!

No, L.A.'s the place for endless summer! Caroline, your kitty will fit right in with my seven. (But do bring a little English rain with you, please. :))

Good luck on the EMG, Happy ...

BethU
(Hmmmmm ... wonder what the relationship is between ALS and cat ownership?)

God be with you, happy.

Happy-
I too will miss you on here, but I hope you will let us know how the EMG goes.

Keep up the humor and enjoy every day as much as possible,
keep the faith,
brenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back