Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
OH
City
Brunswick
Any recommendations- Jim is wearing through his shoes so fast. I gave up on reebok, Nike - been buying cheap shoes since it didn't seem to make a difference- now getting worse with his shuffle. He is wearing out the soles. Is it worth a "good" pair of shoes? I don't want to spend a fortune for shoes that still will only last a couple months.

Any brands that you like. They have to be tennis shoes - he will not wear anything else.

I haven't even thought about this one...will be interesting to see what is suggested. My first thought is to get the ones with velcro straps.

Larry just bought a new pair because the ones he had was to heavy & the soles gripped on everything.He bought Rockport 's they are expensive but we found them on sale at Penneys.I think they were 35.00 or something close to that ,he loves them.
Sharon

For myself, I got Grasshoppers, as they work with the brace and have velcro straps. Now I'm looking for velcro straps for my husband, so will be interested in suggestions, too. Don't know if Grasshoppers makes men's tennies, too.

I find my Saucony running shoes are the most comfortable with my AFO. I wear them every day and they are holding up great. They are lace-ups. New Balance makes walking sneakers with velcro.

footsmart.com has a good selection of shoes with velcro straps, etc. Propet is a good sturdy walking shoe and comes with velcro.

I found New Balance shoes wore well. Not cheap though.

AL.

I found New Balance shoes wore well. Not cheap though.

AL.

I was looking at those - I think we have a factory store near here. He definately will not go for velcro - that is for sure. If I bought those they would just sit. Very picky for someone who will only wear tennis shoes!

I was going to say New Balance as well. That's all DH wears. The New Balance store also stretched his shoe out when he wore an AFO so it would fit.

Yes, and I believe New Balance has a wider toe box to assist in toe "curling." We found some black ones with velcro (sorry, Shelley) and hubby loves them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back