Diagnosis
02/2012
Country
US
State
CA
City
palmdale
Mom, today you've been told about your G tube surgery in 2 weeks. Even though i act like i'm okay and i support it, i see the pain in your eyes and the tears you cry..and slowly inside im goin crazy. BUT i want you to know that everything is going to be all right.. ill never leave your side..This surgery can only benefit us in the future. dont be sad, and try not to cry because it kills me to hear you say you love me and cry.. is there anything more i could do to make it better? If i could take this all the way i promise i would..tucking you in tonight was a blessing and i love you soo much..sleep well through the night mom, <3:cry:

Wow, you sound so mature for someone of your age, and the ramifications of ALS are something no one should have to deal with. The PEG is coming on really fast for your mom - I am so sorry. I sure don't have anything to say that could possibly make it better for you.

I just saw the pictures of you and your mom. It is evident that you two have a special friendship in addition to being mother/daughter! This forum is a wonderful, safe place for you to vent as well as get information and tips for care, but I hope you have someone close by to discuss your confusion and sadness with. Do you have family/siblings to help out? As Atsugi advised, you need to carry on with YOUR life also - your mom wants that. Thinking as a mom of three myself, I would love to have you come home and share the stories of your activities. Have her imagine she is "cruising the streets of my city bumping our music joking around and running errands". It will be the highlight of her days.

Blessings and hugs to you and your mom.

Just want to tell you Lost one....your words are so heartfelt they made me cry.

You have the strength of a giant and the heart of a saint.

What a wonderful note to your Mom. She knows what a wonderful daughter you are. You are so precious with a hige heart to share your Mom's journey with such grace for someone so young in age but not in maturity. {{HUGS to You and your Mom}}

Wow. Youre an amazing kid... in a really huge way. Youve stepped up to the plate and i applaud you. There are plenty of grown adults who cannot do what you are doing. Im not going to lie to you- this is going to be hell. BUT its also going to bring you closer to your Mom than you even know right now.

You are not lost at all; you are right were you are meant to be, by your Mom's side helping her through this journey.

God Bless you.

Lost One~
you are a beautiful young woman. So mature, so intelligant, so caring! Your mom sees this and is so proud of you. I'm proud of you & we don't even know each other :lol:

This disease is a tough battle to conquer but I can tell you will do whatever it takes to make your Mom comfortable. Do remember to live your life & share your life with your Mom. She will glow listening to every little detail.

TedH is right: you are where you are meant to be!

Lots of love & >>>>HUGS<<<< to you and your Mom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back