Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Ut
City
Murray
Hello :) I'm just curious how often are 30 year old women diagnosed with ALS? I know it is a rare disease. But can it occur in this age range?
Thank you,

AfraidButNotAlone

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
You have a better chance of winning the lottery, twice, in a row.

You have a better chance of being struck by lightning 6 separate times and not getting hurt.

nebrhahe53

Very helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Austin
Not very often-I would imagine you have a better chance at winning the lottery than getting ALS at your age-yes it happens but its extremely rare. ALS is more prevalent in older men than any other age or sex group-and even in older men the chance is i/50000. Do yourself a favor and dont worry

MaxEidswick

Legendary member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Pinehurst
>Hello I'm just curious how often are 30 year old women diagnosed with ALS? I know it is a rare disease. But can it occur in this age range?

yes certainly -- go to an ALS neuro and surprise us ... but before that go away!

Kosmoskatten

Distinguished member
Reason
Other
Country
SE
State
None
City
Stockholm
According to CDC mortality data the chance of dying from ALS in the 25 - 34 age bracket is 1 in 1,487,617.

LaurieCALS

Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Melbourne
Kosmoskatten, you are a pistol! I saw your advice to Going Crazy too-- good work. You're gonna make a good doctor.

:)
Laurie

Brenna

Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Ut
City
Murray
Thank you, all for you answers :) I really appreciate you taking the time to reply :)
God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.