ptich

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
California
City
Mountain View
Had an EMG today performed in the ALS clinic in San Francisco. Came out totally negative, all points were normal including tongue. This is my 3d EMG, the last 2 were good. Will not do any new tests unless / until I am getting disabled in some way.

This is good news, and hopefully not only for me but also for folks in similar situation with very similar symptoms, like "planningguy" and "craig" (talked to him on teh phone today, he also decided to stop any further testing until he has to).

GREAT ! Congratulations on the good report. We need all the good news we can get! Go enjoy life! :)

I would say a merry Christmas will be had at your house this year.

AL.

Thnaks guys.

The only thing I was a bit disappointed about is that they did not seem interested in doing any "reserach" - after all, they are a reserach center. I mean, I wrote the whole history of things that were clearly abnormal in my life, like being way behind my peers at school in terms of athletics (the teacher had to put me to excercise with 12yo girls when I was 16) with no visible health abnormality. But no, they said EMG is good, so some symptoms are result of stress, and some others may be result of hypochondria... I felt that had they tried to investigate every positive or negative result a bit deeper, they could get closer to finding some treatments, may be...

Hang in there ptich

It is hard or dissapointing when things come back good (that part is good) and then they say 'see ya'! You know that you are progressing and things just are not right. So, I felt the same. I was like 'is this it'? should we try mestotion for un diagnosed mg or what IVIG? My nuero said NO and See you in 3-6 months. It is hard, but I do understand now that these things are a matter of time.

So, be happy that your emg was clean with your sx. I know it is hard becuase you still know that something is wrong. But maybe it wont be what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back