Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
UK
State
West Sussex
City
East Preston
Hello all I came across a mention of GOLDEN YACCA which "could" be of use to us, has anyone heard of it?

You can buy it in supermarkets here to cook. I don't think it's a miracle plant.
AL.

But how do you cook it? I had it once in a restaurant down in Washington DC and it was delicious. Never did find the recipe, though.

I agree it probably is no miracle plant.

Peel it boil till tender, sprinkle lime juice and salt on it and eat.
AL.

Sounds good! When I had it, they sliced it like French fries and deep fried it but I never found the combination of spices they used that made all the difference. Your recipe is more healthy! And much simpler to prepare! :-D

Hello,

All the responses you received till now are misleading, because Golden Yacca is an extract in powder, so naturally you can't cook it nor slice it. You could deep fry it, but it would make no sense.

People have been talking about the plant Yucca (49 species), and using some of its parts for eating.

We only get the vegetable on this side of the pond. Never heard of the powder. Those type " supplements " make false claims and say they cure acne to zits. Better to save your money.

AL.

Dear Al,

Now I am risking that I would be banned, but your post is calling forth for a reply.

Actually the powder comes from the U.S.A., either from cultivated plants (which is the basis of the majority of Yucca products), or from wildly grown plants (which is the basis of the Golden Yacca).

I can tell you that it will cost me a dear money, because I am a near-future importer of Golden Yacca (DE) to the United Kingdom.

And it might be a very surprising for you as it was for me that MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) ruled out that the U.K. is the first country in the world where Yucca Schidigera will be a medicine. And this is what will cost me a lot [of time, work and money as well].

However, despite of all difficulties which might occur on this way, one thing is very clear. Clinical research shows that these "claims" are neither false nor empty.

Unfortunatelly, I can't predict when exactly the Golden Yacca comes to the market because I am not rich at this very moment ;-) . So certain things might take longer than I thought. If I decide to go for Traditional Herbal Medicine, it might take just under one year, but it won't be possible to do any medical claims. On contrary, the full Marketing Authorisation will provide it an ability to be even prescribed by Doctors, but I still don't know what process I would need to go through and whether I would have money for it.

I will try to do my best without giving any definite promises.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Tomas J Stehlik

hi stehlo,....welcome in this forum,..thanks for nice informative post,..

Hi assi,

My pleasure.

Thank you for the first comment of my post. ;-)

thomas, you haven't posted in 2 years. I'm surprised you saw that post.

AL.

Dear Al,

Thank you for your interest even in so seemingly unimportant happenings. Very conscientious moderation.

All the best,
Tomas

I still try to keep abreast of most topics here. Hope you are doing well.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back