Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick Swazy Said A Interesting Thing.
If There Is A Cure Out There They Would Be Rich And Famous.

Pat

About a year ago I investigated going to Costa Rica for a stem cell treatment. When I called the representatives in the US they told me that they no longer treat PALS!
They were not having any successes. I'm surprised if you received different feedback.

Hi,

Al and others are correct. I went to a seminar this evening on ALS and stem cells. While there is research going on, there is nothing that says stem cell therapy works for ALS. They explained the studies/therapies in China and how there is no follow-up and that they report on an initial positive responses that can last less than a week and never report again. Both doctors there, one from University of Michigan and the other from Henry Ford hospital agreed that there is no stem cell cure and research in other countries has not stood the test of time or accepted U.S./Canadian standards that show statistical truth. Also the participants had to pay lots of money. Both doctors stressed that no one should have to pay to participate in a study. They also gave hope in talking about cord blood and stem cell research that Jennifer51 mentioned.

They encouraged people not to participate in these studies. Both doctors had patients that went to China at different times and their lives were not extended by the treatment. I'm sorry this is the case. Sincerely, Peggy

Hi Al,
My sister has been on the internet and found a clinic in Mexico that is claiming good results with stem cell treatments. I am very, very apprehensive about this idea. Treatment in Mexico is my first thought! I've been reading this forum for months and have seen nothing about any stem cell treatments anywhere that actually helped. I do believe that may be the answer but I don't think we are there yet and these 'clinics' are just preying on our hopes.

Have you heard of anyone at all who was helped by stem cell treatments not done in the USA?

thanks!
Patty

Sad to say I have not heard of any treatment that showed any benefit longer than about 3 months from any clinic anywhere. I think myself that these feel better episodes are more because of the placebo effect than any cell benefit. A friend of mine went to Tijuana Mex. for treatments at $30,000 US. I wouldn't sit on a toilet there let alone let somebody that we're not even sure is a licensed doctor start injecting God knows what into my spinal cord. My friend felt better about 3 months and started to deteriorate again. I know we need to have hope but it's not in stem cells yet. By the way, I can claim almost anything here and give you a phone number to talk to someone that'll back me up.

AL.

AL.

Please look on the mnd association website for the uk...it is a .org
If you look thru the site you will find a section on stem cell treatment which is NOT ready now. LOTS of work is being done into researching the topic, and believe you me, I will be first in line WHEN a reputable hospital in the UK supports it...unfortunately the time is not now...I am hoping it will be tomorrow, or the next day...or at least whilst I can benefit from it.
I agree with AL...we went to Mexico once and would not even stop the car there...took a look and got out of the place...would not trust them with my body (or for that matter India or china) I would only trust proper hospitals in the UK or USA

HI
I will like you to see something about the treatment of stem cells in Costa Rica: [
And here is the page of stem cells tretment: [u

Last edited by a moderator:
No guys it isn't going to happen here. You scum bags sell false hope. I have seen many people including a personal friend spend $50,000 for nothing. I won't let you advertise here.

AL.

By the way, just so everyone knows, I kicked your butt off here. If anyone has any complaints, just stop and think. Who would join here, say they were a Caregiver and post a link for a clinic in Costa Rica? That's sounding real suspicious to me. I've seen it dozens of times. I can't believe the nerve of these yahoos. They google all the ALS sites and dump their links. Some allow it. We don't. If you want to search out so called miracles, google it. I'm not religeous but I think you'd have better results praying to your God.

AL.

Unfortunately for everybody, this guy is taking the juice out of real stem cell therapy research that is ongoing in several countries. The best news I've heard recently is that Obama is reversing the decisions of the previous administration's ban on stem cell use to let the full weight of the American research community to work on this, and of course here in Canada, Dr Nagy's successes in Toronto with autologous stem cell production that will let us go forward with developing stem cells without having to address the ethical issues.

Al, its nice to come back here, as I do from time to time, and still see your feisty fingers firing back at these morons. Costa Rica is a nice place for a winter frozen Canadian to visit about this time of year...lets keep it at that!

t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back