Status
Not open for further replies.
>I served on 5 ships at sea

which ones?

Getting a little better, but slowly.

Michael, that work for your wife was heroic.

Graybeard!

What home help will the va provide?

>I served on 5 ships at sea

which ones?

Hey, Max.

I was on carriers: Ranger, Midway, Coral Sea, Kitty Hawk, and Connie during 1975-1979. You?

Hi, Mike --

Hector & John Paul Jones, SP on Kitty Hawk during '73 riots 70-74

trying to type while flat on back. Awkward.

adjustment of traach cuff got rid of hhigh blood pressure! Feeling muuch better;; like tge vent is good.

Graybeard, I've been following your thread, and have been concerned about you. Good to know that you're getting used to the trach and are feeling better. Keep us posted on how things are going.
- Charlene

Graybeard, I echo anderkling's comments. You are in my prayers.

I am very interested in hearing how are doing. My vent decision is hopefully a ways off, but my pulmonologist has asked me to start thinking about what my decision will be.

Steve

>Feeling muuch better;; like tge vent is good.

great news! you are in our thoughts ....

Getting a little better each day. Still takes two people to get me out of bed. Bed sores always a threat.

Am in pwc for first time in 3 days.

Patience and perseverance, you'll make it!

Hi, Mike --

Hector & John Paul Jones, SP on Kitty Hawk during '73 riots 70-74

Wow. I would NOT want to be aboard ship in a race riot. No where to go.

Zumwalt and hair length :)

So far my PALS has said no invasive vent and I concur. I had a talk last fall with my pulmonologist and he said, among other things, it's no quality of life, it's 24/7 for the caretaker - not that it isn't already :(. My PALS might change his mind as that time is getting much closer but his quality of life is visiting w/friends and family - he is very social and he feels that when he is completely bedridden and and can't visit anymore then it's his time.

Just FYI: in AZ one must have the "Orange Form" completed and available no matter your other directives or any emergency service WILL intubate if needed at the time they are called. Contact the ALS Assn for a copy.

Sherry

Again there are vented PALS with quality of life. Don't assume.

Diane H, one of our members was diagnosed 29 years ago and has been vented since 2004. Her website is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back