Distinguished member
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Northern
Hello Everyone~

Well, it looks like I am joining the race to some kind of diagnoses for my atrophied/denervated knee, and calf this coming Friday, morning. Doctors are looking to see if there is some type of 'occlusion', like a clot in a main artery that caused permanent damage to that particular leg.

For those who don't know, I do suffer...probably my whole life, from a blood clotting disorder, that has caused me grief with CVA/TIA episodes since the age of 19. I am on coumadin, but this was after the age of 45. Aspirin therapy, before that.

Not really sure if this would cause denervation, and it would mean that the same thing is happening around my body.

Well...Here is hoping for the best. I hope the rest of you are well!

ps....'MRI's' are my favorite cause I get to take 'lorazepam'....:grin: better than what the nuns gave Kim.

Lovelily,

I hope your MRI experience is pleasant and that the pictures are pretty and tell-tale.

Zaphoon

Good!

I hope something conclusive is found. You've got that cruise to be getting ready for, right? Did your rheumy ever refer you to a different neuro? Which ordered the mri?

I'll be thinking about you, please let us know what you find out. ~ and enjoy the lorazepam :) I obviously need to stop being so calm, no one ever offers me anything, doctors ... nuns.... not even shady looking people on street!

Thanks, Rose, You made me laugh!

The only thing the nun offered me at my son's CCD meeting was prayers.

Crystal,

Nuns are always picking things up off the floor. I think its part of their training (cleanliness next to Godliness sort of thing). They should always be having something in their pockets to give you besides prayer (although, I never turn that down, either).

Having said that, I did have a nun slap me in the face in the 8th grade. Took me by surprise! She was my favorite nun when I was in the 2nd grade. Anyway, the incident brought tears to my eyes and a bright, red, nun sized handprint to my cheek.

I probably deserved it but can't remember why. My older brother was always giving me "cool" words to say and I was clueless as to their meaning. In a Catholic school, some "cool" words can get you into trouble.:mrgreen:

Thanks friends, for the well wishes! :)

Rose...no, same neuro. I like him. He is the one who gives me the meds. :-D I will let everyone know the outcome.

Kim...I went to Catholic school, as well. I was always in the hallway for, talking too much... Cringing, as you thought the principal would walk by. Rumor had it that the 'board of education' was literally a long wooden board with nails in it. Never got slapped, though. But, some of the boys did. I think if parents knew what was going on, the slapping may have stopped. Then again...:confused: I don't think nuns slap, any more.

When someone was acting up in class, and the nuns wanted to know 'who did it' and none fessed up, the whole class got punished. Kinda like the military. They would hold us up long enough til we missed the bus, so we would have to walk home the 2 miles. Nice.

Enjoy your Sunday...and the football games!

That's funny... I went to Catholic School too when we lived in Washington DC (public schools in the city were kind of scary at the time). There was a Sister who was the administrator. It was pretty common knowledge that the only reasons you went to see her was to get "paddled."

I can remember my mother giving me two plates of cookies to take to school one year. One was for my teacher, the other for the Sister. I can rember being terrified the whole way down to the office, figuring cookies or not I was going to get swatted. Of course the nun was a sweet lady, and thanked my kindly.

I still don't think I've ever shaken my deep seated fear of nuns ;)

Robert

Good luck lovelily~

I wish you the best and my thoughts are with you! enjoy the meds!

Best of luck lovelily, enjoy the lorazepam too!
I'll keep you in my prayers,
-b

lovelily,

Did you have a doppler on your legs as well?

Good morning, Crystal~I had a doppler on the legs a while back, no clots that they saw. I just had one on my right arm over the summer because I had about 8 surface clots along my wrist. They were painful. Nothing deep was found.

Hi Rose...I just wanted to clarify that this neurologist has been my doc for a while. Not Dr. N.Y.....:-| Rheumatologist (new guy in same office) just suggested (last week) that I could go to Mt. Sinai. I told him my story, and kindly declined. I'll finish this avenue, first.

Thanks all for your well wishes!

MRI Today

Hello again ~ My 'MRI' is complete. It took an hour....I thought that it was a long time, for a thigh, and a knee. After contrast it was an addition 10 minutes.

Thanks to Mr. 'ativan' I was nice and relaxed. A warm blanket and pillow...I was ready to sleep. :smile:

I asked the woman if they were able to see the atrophy, and she 'resounded' with a 'yes'!

Also, I had brought a copy of my 'denervation' muscle biopsy to add to the mix. She was happy I did.

I questioned what good was it to see the 'atrophy', if no one knows the cause? She replied that the radiologist will come up with a few suggestions of his own, to what might be the trouble.

Interesting....2 days til doc gets the report. I am assuming there was no clots, as they let me go home.

Have a great weekend ~ one and all!

I'm glad they gave you 1st class treatment during your MRI. You are one step closer to some answers, now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back