Status
Not open for further replies.
lovelily,

I don't think that the radioligist would send you home with a blood clot. Hopefully the radiologists imput will put you in
the right direction.

Lovelily,

It sounds like you got some feedback, I hope it sheds some new light on your problem! I agree that you wouldn't have been sent home if there were a clot. Here's hoping for more information this week :)

Hello friends!

Yes...I am hoping this will shed some light on 'something'. Thanks for the good wishes. :-D I will let you know.

No football games today....now what? I'm going to visit relatives. Have a good day!

MRI results

Alrighty...not really sure if this accomplished much, other than letting the doc know that there wasn't any blockage.

MRI: Right Lower Extremity...W/WO contrast January 23, 2009

Final Result: History; Right Thigh Atrophy

The quadriceps and hamstring muscles maintain normal signal characteristics, and no evidence throughout normal contrast enhancement.

No abnormalities in the Femoral shaft.

Compared to the left side, the musculature of the right thigh is about the same as the left.

Impression: No pathology demonstrated

OK, friends. Anyone who has seen the photo of my right leg, would not be impressed with them comparing it to my left....if both have a problem. :neutral:

This imaging was done on a 1.5 telsa closed magnet. I still have not spoken with the doctor. So much for listening to the technician....:roll:

Have a good evening....My part of town is in for snow and ice. Lovely. No wonder I have a vitamin 'D' deficiency! No sun.

Thanks for reading.

lovelily,

Vitamin "D" deficiency seems to be the new thing. Alot of people have it....

How is your sed rate and cpk?

Lovelily-

Just read your post. Glad there aren't any clots. Hopefully more clues for them to stick in their back pocket. One day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time if you have to.

Love,
Cindy

PS. I never get anything before MRI's either but there are lots of motion artifacts and they have to re-do parts of it because apparently I am moving when I think I am being a statue. My son is switching high schools and when I went to enroll him they handed me a "free lunch" application. When we got outside I asked him if I really looked that terrible and he said " Naw, its me Mom, I have a hole in my pants and am having a bad hair day!" LOLOL

Cindy,

Funny about the free lunch application. My kids are in elementary school and I throw the application away and they kept asking for it back.
Here I found out they need everyone to fill it out even if they don''t qualify, just had to sign my name and write do not qualify. The school needs to get back so many applications for them to even qualify for the program. I don't know if this is how your school works.

Hi Crystal...Do you mean ' e sedimentation rate'? or inflammation? Yes, mine has been elevated on numerous occasions, but believe it or not, I have mild swelling against my brain stem. Not caused by Rheumatoid Arthritis. It gets watched closely by doctors. Supposedly is rare. Another conundrum for doctors, and worry for me.

I am on 'prednisone'. As far as my 'cpk' mostly normal. Sometimes it's on the high side of normal.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post! I hope you are doing alright.

Hello Cindy~I really didn't think there would be any deep vein clots, or I would probably be dead, by now. :roll: I don't think clots just sit around.

I guess as a person with a dilemma, you always get your hopes up that this or that test will give you your answer. I guess docs will put this in their pipes and smoke it. Hopefully there will be some left over residue (in the pipe) from the 60's or 70's, that will give them a really good idea. :lol:

By the way...what is a 'motion artifact?' Have a good one! Hope your son does well in his new school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back