Diagnosis
02/2011
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Langley
It is for pain due to atrophy in left hand. It cramps so badly it cannot be eased open w/o hellish pain. I am looking forward to no more shooting pain that travels up the left arm and shoulder and into my neck.

My neurologist sent me to the ALS Clinic in November 2011 in Vancouver BC. Canada and both ALS but still looking into for a another degenerative disease to explain why all my problems are on the left side.

My family dr sent me to the neurologist as she thought I was having mini-strokes TIA as my left hand was cramping and my speech was slurred andI sounded drunk in Nov 2010

My left foot drags and walking any distance poops me out. My speech got better for awhile when I did some mouth exercises, now I'm sounding like a drunk Donald Duck. The past 2 weeks my eyes have been blurry and sore.

What am I in for next?

Welcome to the forum Brenda, thought I saw you on the "itchy head" thread! Sorry that you're dealing with this stuff, but you'll find a wealth of info and new friends here. Good luck with the botox shot, I hope it works for you.

Are you using any walking aids to prevent falls? And AFO will help stabilize your foot if it is foot drop

Thank you. I have just received a 4 prong cane and am trying to get better using it for balance. Will ask neurologist if what I have is foot drop, it just seems I drag the left leg.

Have you been tested for MG or MS .ALS doesn't come and go.

good luck

I have been tested for MS. What is MG, please?

Had my first Botox injection into left arm today and within an hour I could raise my arm higher and with more flexibility without pain than in the past 3-4 months. I hope it continues. The neurologist said he'd phone me in a week or so and would order next injection to do the fingers if I am doing ok.

I asked why I had occasional fits of laughter and giggling and he said I pseudobubar palsy so I will have to read about that also. Have you any info on it?

Excellent news Brenda! I'm so glad the injection was a success.

Look for the term emotional lability. (emotional incontinence) Some of the members are finding relief with medication. If it's bothersome to you ask your physician to prescribe it for you.

MG is Myasthenia Gravis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back