City
Get Real
Recently a news person interviewed an ANTI VAXXER who claimed
God will protect her. During the televised interview it was shown she
was wearing a side arm. (She ranted on about freedom and not living
in fear.)

Well, this prompted another lady to have hundreds of tee shirts made
up that says…

If you don't a need a mask or shot because God will protect you...
why do you need a gun?"

The lady has received orders for hundreds more and more.

Interesting… explain that one. :)

Last edited:
You're right Al - If someone is trusting God to prevent their illness from Covid even though they are not vaccinated, to be consistent they might also trust God to protect them from armed assailants.

I see nothing wrong with asking God to protect us from illness or harm. But I also think that God expects us to use our minds and our judgment to make wise choices, such as taking advantage of aids like vaccines and masks, or developing the needed skills to carry a firearm to protect ourselves or others.

Abraham was forced to the roof of his house by rising floodwaters. Some men in a rowboat came by and asked him to join them. Abraham replied, "I am hoping for God to save me."
The waters continued to rise, until some men in a motor boat came by. They also asked Abraham to join them in the boat. Abraham replied, "I am hoping for God to save me."
Finally the waters reached the peak of the roof and a helicopter flew overhead ready to lift Abraham from the waters. Abraham replied, "I am hoping for God to save me".
Just then, a voice came from heaven saying, "Abraham, I've sent you two boats and a helicopter. You have to work with me on this!"

Thanks for another thought provoking post Al. Here's another take on the point you made. Why is it that such devout folks proudly tell others that they trust God to protect them from getting COVID... hence the strong anti-vax stance? For a good number in the anti-vax crowd, it is oddly one way to show their Christian bonafides, from what I gather through personal interactions and from what I hear elsewhere. They myopically consider it 'Faith over Fear', as a t-shirt that a good friend of ours wore earlier in the pandemic contends.

Why is this self-focused perspective the norm with so many believers, instead of trusting God to protect them from any bad side affects, death, microchip implantation (or whatever the accompanying fear might be) that could come with the shot? If they do the former, I don't see Jesus in it at all, but I am open to someone showing me otherwise. If they do the latter, they bite the bullet, defeat the vax fear, protect others they come in contact with, and they help society, by collectively helping this damn thing peter out. I clearly see Jesus in that, except for the part where I said damn :-}.

Jon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back