Jellycat

Distinguished member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
IRL
State
Dublin
Hello friends. My pals had her clinical review today. She is on hefty doses of amytriptylene to dry up her saliva (bulbar onset) & help with pain. It seems that the elevated doses may be causing confusion & jumbled thought so neuro has suggested trying Glycopyrrolate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Went to the pharmacist to discover it's unlicensed here and thus very expensive. Pharmacist expressed concern over potential side effect of confusion. So here I am popping in to see if any of you have tried out this particular drug...and if so whether it was of any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

BarryG

Extremely helpful member
Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
Hi Avril, I have been on Glycopyrrolate for a couple of years now with no side effects. It really helps me with saliva and I take 5ml three times a day at breakfast, supper and before bed. It's not really expensive here and it's been a lifesaver for me. I tried Amytryptiline early on but it lowered my blood pressure so much that I would pass out when I got up from a sitting position so I quit that. I know that we are all different in how we react to medications but if you can get Glycopyrrolate for your mom to try I think she will like it.

Barry

Jellycat

Distinguished member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
IRL
State
Dublin
Thanks Barry. That's encouraging to hear. Sounds like it might be worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.