Country
US
State
IN
City
IN
Registration rates go up August 19 --
Registration | MND Association

The MND Association sets the registration rules, so we need to look to them about the lack of consideration for PALS, CALS.

ALS Advocacy: Let Me In, Whee-Ooh

I went last year and am not a neuroscientist by any means, but I learned some important things. I encourage PALS, CALS who are interested and able to be there to try to go.

A couple of days before the scientific symposium they have the Ask the Experts session that was a royal disappointment last year. Perhaps they'll do better this year, but in any case, I hope that anyone dealing with ALS who is interested will have some live access to the scientific symposium itself.

Thanks for sharing. The sessions look fascinating

Lots of PALS and CALS live in Central Florida where the symposia are taking place. Does anyone have any idea how we can get in for less than $600? It would be fantastic for both us and the media if the MNDA would hold an informational Q&A panel for the public.

I've seen some conferences change their pricing structure when common folk or students wrote to the organizers to request discounts.

Atsugi, here is their contact information --

Motor Neurone Disease Association
PO Box 246,
Northampton
NN1 2PR
Tel: 01604 250505
Fax: 01604 624726/638289
Email: [email protected]

They may try to tell you that you can go to "Ask the Experts" which is a couple of days before the symposium for free. Fine, but last year it was nothing compared with the symposium itself.

I would encourage all PALS, CALS who are interested and can go in person to request that they waive the fee for the very people they are supposed to be working for.

And I would encourage all PALS, CALS who can't travel and are interested to request that they lifestream the event. That is not hard in this day and age.

Thanks, all. I hope they break their tradition and make this welcoming and accessible to PALS, CALS who would like to be a part of the newest scientific information.

Decided to go. Let me know if anyone else is going to be there. R are you going again?

Hope so. Not sure.

Thanks RKNT50A, I sent a request to join MNDA.

You provided good ideas there. I'll use them to see if I can get into the symposium.

I'd love to meet all PALS and CALS.

--Mike

Nikki, I think I am going to go. Have you already registered?

Yes. Awesome! I am so looking forward to meeting you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back