10/2017
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Northern
Hi everyone,

When my dad was sick, we met a couple that lived near my parents and the husband also had ALS. We became friends with them, meeting for lunch and dinner and my mother and brother have stayed in touch (they all live in North Carolina).

My brother will drop by to bring donuts and coffee every once in awhile and I wanted to send somthing to let them know I was thinking of them.

I found out last week that he is declining rapidly and hospice is being brought in. I'm not sure what is appropriate given this turn of events but would still like to do something and am looking for ideas.

His wife was his primary caregiver for the most part and I was hoping to give her something for herself as well.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

The best thing I could imagine for myself as a CALS would be a clean house... A massage or mani, pedi would also be wonderful although probably not realistic if she is primary caregiver.

You could send a dinner from a local restaurant or carry out place that does delivery. When people send us meals it takes a huge load off my wife and is one less thing to worry about.

I've found at these sort of times booze is appreciated. Find out what they like and have it sent over. And yes you can put it in a g tube. use a sponge or an eye dropper for taste.
Vincent

Do they have a photo collection? If so, a digital photo frame that loops a slide show of their favorite memories could be really nice. My wife loved hers (and so did everyone else). If the photos are not digital, they can be digitized pretty quickly at your local mail center.

Either that or booze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back