Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lancaster
i asked "how much more", and was wrong for doing so. i have no right feeling sorry for myself. it is becoming increasingly difficult to remember who i am while this disease and the illness of my loved ones comes bearing down on me. i need to remind myself to be thankful and to use what ever i can to serve them.

Re: how much more...

He's big enough for every question you have. You are also in really good company. When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he asks, "“Sir,” Gideon replied, “if the LORD is with us, why has all this happened to us?" Our questions don't surprise him.

Help us all to guard against self pity and to choose a thankful heart. Whether you realize it or not, you are still changing the world around you Peter, even by asking these questions out loud. You can be your authentic self. You are loved exactly as you are.

Hello
What was the answer to Gedeon’s question ?

I wanted to discuss MarieLaure's question about Gideon.

In Judges 6:13 Gideon asks: “Pardon me, Sir,” Gideon replied, “but if the LORD is with us, why has all this happened to us? And where are all His wonders about which our fathers told us, saying, ‘Has not the LORD brought us up out of Egypt?’ But now the LORD has forsaken us and delivered us into the hand of Midian.”

The answer is in 6:14: The LORD turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and deliver Israel from the hand of Midian. Am I not sending you?”

So in this case, God was calling Gideon to deliver Israel from its enemies.

Gideon goes on to argue with God. Not me! My clan is the weakest! I am the youngest! This theme is repeated over and over in the Bible. God uses weak imperfect men and women to accomplish his purposes.

We often think he doesn't understand. But he knows and loves each one of us.

Psalm 56:8
You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book.

He cares enough to number the hairs on our heads, Luke 12:7:
Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.

He is love, 1 John 4:16:
And we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and the one who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.

We suffer because creation was corrupted, but he has reconciled us through his love.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Lord knows our hearts. He also knows we are human. Even the disciples who literally walked with Him had doubts, questions, anger, and fears.

His grace is sufficient and his mercy abounds.

thank you for answering my question. I am not religious but I was wondering.
strength and loving vibes to all
thanks Kim too.

As a caregiver, I can say that a lot of times, I have not approached my PALS with a tender or forgiving heart. Thank you for reminding me that God is in control, that we will be used by this disease for good, and that this awful process will not break us. Allow us to be drawn closer to God even in our suffering.
Pete - I follow all of your posts and I am thankful to God that you are here and that you have used all that you have to glorify God.

Dear Tripete, (and all who are ill)
*Please, be gentle with yourself...For Christians, Jesus set the example: He wept; He asked for the cup to be taken from Him; He spent time alone in the wilderness to renew His spirit.
*There is no condemnation in feeling sorry that we are ill; that we have difficult days; that we weep for ourselves or those we love, or those who care for us.
*Remember the Beatitudes: “Jesus taught them… (3) Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (4) Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.”
*Mourning is part of the way we cope with loss, whatever it may be. It is a path we pass along. Some days, when we feel overwhelmed, we step back upon it. That’s all right. Cry, scream, roll on the floor... embrace the moment, then let it pass.
*Rise, wash your face, take a deep breath, begin again,
and remember: God was holding you all the time. He will walk with you every step of the way, and with all who believe.
May blessings abound. B.

Attachments

• Jesus bears our burdens jpg.jpg
    Jesus bears our burdens jpg.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 280
  • Jesus holds you close to His heart.jpg
    Jesus holds you close to His heart.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 293
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back