Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
tx
City
seguin
Hi new here 60 years old married in Texas. Had an aneurysm in 79. now have puesdo bulbar affect. Started nuedexta 6 days ago. Seems to be helping. Anyone been on this drug for longer. hagd gb

I'm not on that drug myself but it's supposed to help with the Emotional Lability which is part of the Bulbar onset. Emotional Lability has to do with inappropriate outbursts of laughing and crying. That's what Nuedexta is for.

There is (or was) a drug trial of this same drug where the developers were looking to see if it could improve swallowing, control excess saliva and help with talking.
I don't know if this trial is still ongoing or if it ended and what the results were.

NH

About Nudexta, I have seen it advert ised on TV for EL (emotional lability) I believe it does help with swallowing. Another cheaper drug is Amytriptlyne (elavil) It is a mild anti depressant, sleep enhancer, and pain med. Non addicting, and an added side effect is that it gives you dry mouth, so helps with drooling. Very good drug for about $10 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back