Learn about ALS
Country
MEX
State
Nuevo León
City
MONTERREY
Hello !!

I'm not trying to offend anyone, please forgive me if you feel I'm being disrespectful to anyone.

I strongly believe I have ALS bulbar onset. Like a month ago, I noticed that some solid food was getting stuck in throat, I had to swallow twice so it could go down. I'm still having that issue, I don't choke, just that feeling of getting stuck. I'm under lorazepam/paroxetine treatment, doctors believe that I'm under anxiety, but those pills don't seem to work, so my swallowing problems have nothing to do with anxiety. Smashed potatoe, dry beans, lettuce are some of the food which are getiing stuck in my throat (no meat, no chicken, no bread get stuck). I also have been feeling tongue spasms, a week ago I felt a fasciculation in the right back of my tongue, I looked at the mirror, and there it was, a fasciculation, but after 3 "jumps" it disappeared. When is at rest, just my tip of the tongue is trembling. I also have sore throat many times per month. Today another symptom showed up. I was eating lettuce, and when I swallowed it, I felt something in my nose. 3 minutes after that feeling, I cleaned my nose and there were tiny pieces of lettuce.

I don't have more symptoms. Well just myokymias in my left calf (neurologist told me they were myokymias, not fasciculations) and right now they are just starting in my right calf. I have tremors in my arms (maybe because of the excesive cellphone use). And a feeling of weakness in my left leg (on the calf side) that goes and comes. My uvula is deviated, but my neurologist saw it and he said it was okay, nothing to worry about. Any thoughts?

Thank you!:oops:

Last edited:
Edit: uvula thread deleted per user request

Slurred speech questions.

Hello Guys!

Could you please explain how did you start with the slurred speech? I know that people with slurred speech sound like if they were drunk. But, exactly, how did you begin? Did you start slurring special words or letters? Could you please describe? I'm having dysphagia and I think I'm starting to slurring words, but I don't know how to describe it.

Thank you very much guys!

Re: Slurred speech questions.

No we won't - go see a doctor who can hear you and watch you speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back