Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PH
State
CC
City
Mandaue
Hello guys. Im very sorry for coming back. I really felt that i belong here. And if it turns out that it is really ALS. I need your advice on how to deal with it.

I have seen slight atrophy on my hands or does it really indicate atrophy? I will attached it here. Regarding my swallowing issues. It is really getting worse that its like paralyzed down there that it doesnt cooperate when i initiate a swallow esp. when swallowing saliva or nothing at all. My tongue, when i stick it out, its like shaking esp. at the tip. I always experienced twitching all over the body but my legs and feet are the most frequent to twitch. I have slight muscle cramps. My neck and shoulders, its aching everyday. Like muscle strain. My shin, very annoying. I know pain points away from ALS but others also feel pain. I dont want to conclude but seems its getting closer to it. I just enjoy my life like theres no tomorrow.

I already done visiting an internal medicine doctor and she ordered me tests. And it all came back normal. Vitamin Deficiencies, hypothyroidism amd myositis. Now, the only thing left is to have EMG/NCS and cervical spine MRI.

Attachments

• IMG_20190802_050105.jpg
    IMG_20190802_050105.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 340
You were asked not to open another thread. Please be respectful of that request. You do not belong here as you do not have ALS. Finally, no one needs to see pictures of your hand.

Trapz, please do not post anything further until you receive your EMG results. There is nothing that the people here can do for you til you have your EMG. You are convinced you have ALS, and the people here are not able to reassure you.

Hello everyone. Im here again, but with my tests results already. Sorry for taking some of your time reading this. I just want to show to you the results and to gain more ideas and advices about my symptoms. So, here it is.

The results of my Cervical Spine MRI shows straightening of cervical lordosis and at C4/C5, a very small central disc protrusion with mild thecal sec indentation but, with; otherwise, no significant central canal and neural foramen sterosis

My EMG-NCV results were normal but she said i have little findings and it suggests mild bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome.

I went to the neurologist but he said that the findings is not related on my swallowing issues and twitching. He said that i should be aware of the possibility of having ALS. The clean EMG might mean that its too early to have an EMG. He also states that i might have anxiety.

Right now, i still have problems on swallowing. Twitches are still present. My neck pain is also still there. My tongue twiched or shaky when i stick it out. My uvula is bent and points to the right.I also have weird taste. I feel decreased grip strength on my hands and mild muscle pains. The pain in my shin is still there. Any thoughts on this guys? Thank you for reading.

Mod note- merged threads. Trapz, you can keep posting in your thread here in order to keep everything together.

My EMG-NCV results were normal but she said i have little findings and it suggests mild bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome.
That’s great— you’re clear of ALS!

The EMG was not done too early. You’ve had symptoms for a while now, so if you had ALS, the EMG would have picked that up. You’ve complained of your hands, so it’s reassuring that findings suggestive of ALS were not noted on an EMG of your upper limbs. A negative EMG of the limbs is generally sufficient to rule out ALS as a cause of your swallowing symptoms as well.

Pain and weird tastes are not ALS. We’ve already told you twitching is meaningless. And why are you staring at your tongue and uvula in the mirror? Time to get a new hobby and let go of ALS.

Trapz, you've been reassured a few times and not been able to stop posting. It is time to move on. This thread is not open for continued posting. You must continue working with your doctors and seek answers with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back