00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
City
Dallas
Hello,
I apologize for starting a new thread. But mine from December of last year wouldn't let me post anymore. I'm returning because things have progressed since then. I started with fasics at the end of October that were concerning and sent me to the Dr to begin with. They did an emg of my right side even though all my symptoms were on my left at the time. Didn't see anything then. But I would have finger tremors in my left hand and other twitches all over.

Since then I'm getting looked into for auto immune issues as well due to bloodwork. A month ago I woke up randomly in excruciating nerve pain in my back/ shoulder that would radiate down my left arm where I had a lot of twitching as well. I dealt with this non stop debilitating pain for weeks with no relief until finally the pain got better. They think it is possibly a pinched nerve in my neck.

But the twitching is non stop in my tricep and if I try to flex you see my whole arm quiver. I get them in my left chest as well. 2nd emg the doctor told me that all of my motor neurons weren't firing in my left arm. All he said is maybe they are right about the pinched nerve and didn't test anything else or give me any advice other than he'd send results to other doctors. I get the exact twitching in my right tricep now. And occasionally in my legs, stomach, shoulders, and chest. My neck doesn't affect all of those different muscles. My left arm has atrophied where it keeps twitching and is noticeably smaller.

Does all of this point to possible early stages of als? The doctors seem clueless. The neurologist didn't think my disc bulges and degenerative disc's would cause the twitching and just pushed me to PT. I got the random pain and went to ortho who looked at mri from months prior and just assumed it was that. I would like to know if this sounds like I should be worried about an MND since the doctor got so quiet other than telling me my motor neurons weren't working properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it doesn't, but if you post the 2nd EMG we could be more helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back