Status
Not open for further replies.
lydia,
you are too funny:lol::lol:

It was sooooooooooooo fun when I was talking to my FORMER neuro's nurse back in March and she HAD to say "that's his recommendation is that you need to take Klonopin for stress", being the type person that used to be able to pitch a fit over the phone, quite frankly, I think I went home and had a strawberry margarita or something!

In the big picture though, this forum has been such a rewarding experience for me, as a PALS, and I certainly hope you keep us posted on how you are doing.

So, in mid-June, after my diagnosed, I called the former neuro's office and requested my records and when the secretary asked why I wanted them, I boldly told her "because I found out I have ALS and I have a new neuro"-so when I went to the office and picked up the records, she acted like I had 7 heads or something.

I just chalked it up to another mishap in the gene pool.

take care,
brenda

Lydia,

Girl, who would have thought it possible ~ other than all of us on here that have had it happen to them.

Being told you're stressed, and this is the cause has got to be right up there with it being told its "all in your head" (at least he didn't say that) BTW, one of the articles I sited a long while back on this forum is by an ENT doc that specializes in neurology, and she laments right in her paper how many patients have been sent to shrinks by well meaning doctors that are faced with something they cannot diagnose.

It makes me so thankful that my doctors actually had the wherewithal to say to me that they did not have the level of expertise that I needed (my cute kindly ENT doc's very words) he took his hand and held it up like a "step" and said, this is where my knowledge is, and "this" (moving his hand up) is what you need.

Don't give up, do have a drink :cool: ! Honestly, even though none of us are doctors on here, or even play one on TV, I swear there is more useful information and advise to be found here for some, than at a doctor's appointment.

At least you know that you're not alone in having something that is hard to diagnose.

I recently relented and watched an episode of House where there was a man that was holding hostages until he was given a diagnosis, he'd been to something like 16 doctors with no answers. Even though the show was kind of stupid ( for one example, Dr House gave the guy his gun back) it did make me think that for the writers to have come up with the premise for this episode, that there are a lot of undiagnosed, frustrated as hell, people in our society.

Big hugs to you, ~ AND ~ your cute neuro can forget me coming up to see him. His loss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back