Other
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
City
Waltham
Hello All,

I have had some symptoms and I am concerned it is the early signs of ALS. I am a 32yr old male, healthy. A month ago I pulled my back out, I got up in the middle of the night to take pain medication and got it stuck in my throat. I wen to the ER and they sucked it out. Went to see an ENT and after doing an exam she saw everything was normal but getting a pill stuck like that inst. I had an ultrasound done on my thyroid but it was negative for anything. A week later i had a repeat incident while trying to swallow a pill. Since then I have had no issues eat or drinking at all but it still feels like threes something funny in my throat.

With that said, this past week i walked around the city about 2-3 miles after being bed ridden for a month with my back. My legs have felt weird since. At first it was both my legs and the entire thing. That along with fasiculations. Since then the soreness is only being felt in the quads with no fasiclations but the occasional twitch in one or two spots.

Last night i woke up in a panic and couldn't stop shaking and was very cold, I am on lexapro so I believe that is what caused those signs.

I am worried that my sensation in my throat along with my soreness are the very early signs of ALS. I had blood work done and my muscle breakdown test came back negative. I am not experiencing any weakness just this weird soreness sensation in my quads. I dont know if I still actually having this sensation in my throat or its due to my severe anxiety. Can anyone chime in here and assist? :confused:

All of your symptoms are sensory. ALS is a disease of motor neurons with no sensory involvement. Nothing feels different, it just doesn't work. No weakness on ALS.
Vincent

I'm happy to tell you that these are not every remotely like early ALS symptoms.

If you click on DIHALS there is a post called NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. There is lots of great information in there that will answer any more questions you may have.

All the best, your doctors will work this out with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back