Diagnosis
6/2008
Country
US
State
ill
City
chgo hts
im having promblems with this some days does it get any easier i was diagnosed june 26 2008 with als the simplest things are hard

Hi Gordon- I saw nobody answered this so I thought I would bring it up to the top again. What do you mean by "grips?" Are you talking about things to help you open stuff?
Cindy

getting grips in general with als

We say coming to grips up here in Canada. It's not easy and usually takes some time but we'll do what we can do to help Gordon. I''ll get back to you. On our way out to dinner.

AL.

Hi Gordon -

I live the next town over from you. I have LOTS of resources in the Chicago area. I care for my best friend (she moved here from California when she got sick) and we have learned a lot along the way.

I am not sure how you can get to private message me on the forum because you are so new. But if you keep posting I will make sure to answer.

Take care - Beth

I can give you Gordon's email he registered with if he says it's OK Beth.

AL.

Hi Al -

Thanks a lot - I knew you had a solution - you are great. I hope Gordon gets in touch - I have felt the isolation and fear, this forum has helped mr so much with that. I hope I can help someone else.

Thanks again - Beth

thanks

al and beth

its ok al to give my email address to beth

stem cell reasearch

i have read about stem cell reaserch but it is in other countries. but if it will help us with als and other diaseases ?

clinical trials

can any body tell me about clinical trials

can any body tell me about clinical trials

Hi Gordon, I don't know a lot about clinical trials, but, as to how to find if you qualify to participate, I think what you would do is let the doctor you see and the clinic you attend know that you are interested. When I had my last neuro appt the beginning of July, I let her know this was something I was interested in. After that, when the clinic contacted me to schedule my first visit, they already had it in my medical records that I was interested, said that they were matching up my specific case with any ongoing or future trials, and when I came for my clinic appointment in September, that we'd go over any that I could take part in.

I hope this helps answer your question. take care, :)

i have read about stem cell reaserch but it is in other countries. but if it will help us with als and other diaseases ?

Gordon, there was a post on the general discussion pages about this recently. It was posted by zaff4444 on August 1, post is titled " new hope for als cure"

This has a link to a Reuters article that gave me a lot of encouragement. The researchers have succeeded in creating als defective cells from these two sisters that have the disease, so now they will have an unlimited supply of damaged ones to study.

(I'm giving you the directions on how to find this thread, rather than posting the link, because there is a time delay in replies being up on the board that include and hyper-links, as the moderators must first ok the response)

take care, :)

thanks

thank you so very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back