Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Arizona
City
Mesa
Hello all:D A little background about me. I'm a 37 year old woman who has had right leg pain for about 4 months now. Pain is usually between my knee and hip, right in the middle, front part of leg. Sometimes I get pain near right ankle. Sometimes I get numbness in either foot. I really notice the numbness if my anxiety is up. I went to urgent care and doc thought I just pulled a muscle so she showed me some stretches to do. I still had the pain a month later and went back to urgent care insisting on an Xray. Radiologist reported that something or other is "eating away" at something in hip area. I was then sent for a bone scan and MRI of hip and thigh. Got diagnosed with cysts on neck of right femur. On to the orthopedist who cannot understand why I've been having leg pain on the same side I have hip cysts. He thinks it's a neuro problem and wanted me to get a ref for MRI to rule out MS from the neuro. So, neuro writes ref. for MRI of head and also wants to do a nerve test on me. He didn't tell me why he wanted to do that test. I did my research and found out one thing it tests for is ALS, so I'm pretty freaked out at this point. I see that a symptom of ALS is leg weakness but mine isn't weakness, rather pain off and on. I feel like I'm getting the run around and that maybe the cysts are just pressing against a nerve. WWWhhheewww! Any 1 have/had similar situation?

That doesn't sound a thing like ALS to me. I'm not sure why MS was brought-up because that doesn't sound anything like it either, unless you're not telling us all of your symptoms.

EMG's are used for everything from soup to nuts and not just ALS.

My advice would be to get off of the internet and wait for your physician to tell you what is causing your symptoms.

leg pain

The leg pain and numbness are pretty much the only symptoms the orthopedist needed to hear to want me tested for MS. He started naming off other symptoms. I told him I had vertigo for 2 months over the summer. He just nodded his head like that could have possibly been an MS symptom. Told him it was just ear rocks floating around in inner ear. It was bad enough hearing about possible MS now I see about this possibility. I do find it useful if I get on the internet and learn as much as I can about disease symptoms. You helped when you said my symptoms don't sound at all like ALS.

violet,
Yes, wright is right. Doesn't sound like ALS at all, turn the computer off, schedule the MRI and nerve test, and try to enjoy the holiday season.
take care
-brenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back