Getting Closer To An Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kim...I was singing the old favorite "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" only I accidentally replaced the word 'Grandma with Santa'....I had to think for a minute before I realized I killed the old guy who was bringing presents. ;)

Lovelily,

I always thought it was a shame that Grandma was used in that sad role of getting run over instead of an Uncle Billy or Cousin Fred.

Zaphoon

In my family, Uncle Billie and Cousin Fred would have been so plastered, they would have run over Grandma, Grandpa, Santa, a few elves, and the reindeer, including Rudolph.

z-
sorry you're feeling crappy, hopefully you'll get some answers next week. Margaret is right with the prednisone-it's one of those "wonder" drugs that treat about a million different things in different ways.
I'd say you definitely have some inflammatory things going on though,
hang in there and enjoy the rest of the weekend,
-brenda

oh, and my pick for songs..."Grandma got run over by a reindeer" hahahahahah

Brenda,
Poor Grandma! I've always wondered what in the heck kind of Christmas song that was. I think it was written by a hillbilly. Had to have been.

Beth,
Too funny! I just love those kind of family confessions.

My vote would be for a Brad Paisly number like, "Online" or "Mr. Policeman". Not holiday tunes, for sure, but they sure are a lot of fun to listen to.

Zaphoon

Hey, Kim, I totally agree ... any Brad Paisley cut would do. My favorite: "The Fishing Song" Maybe we can dedicate "I'm going to miss her" ... to poor grandma. :)

hey guys I love x mas songs and I play them 24/7 and my husbands is getting sick of them.

On friday night my 4yr old and I had time alone and went x mas shopping at an outdoor Mall (Brrr, cold) and we were singing my kids fav...."Jingle bells, jingle bells...batman smells and Robin layed an egg...the batmobile lost its wheel and the joker got away...hey"! every young boys favorite x mas song!

This beats any grandma or family relative getting ran over!

Hi April....I didn't think you were old enough to remember 'that' version of jingle bells? ;) I remember singing that song when I was a kid. Too cute. :grin:

I think the batman version of jingle bells is encoded within genetic memory. My boys came home singing it and were surprised I knew the lyrics. They've taught it to the three year old who is going through a bit of a golden moment in her comedic skills.

The other day she popped in on the with and I who here enjoying a weekend lie in. While bouncing on the bed she passed gas, and imediately began the little girle giggle. Amaryllis jokingly chided her, and said, "what a fire cracker." My little girl responded, "more like a buttcracker," and went back to laughing. We joined in for a good couple of minutes.

Lest I swerve the thread off topic, I'm in a bit of a Chris Ledoux kick right now. His cut of "Life is a highway" and "Horsepower" are pretty fun...

Robert

Our kids bring out the best in us! I never stop lauphing with my kids! They are soooo funny and the fun we have is amazing in this journey.!

Robert...there is nothing better than the old passing gas! I hugged my son and he 'tooted' at the same time and we all busted out and they think that is the best hug to give now! and try to re-create it every time. With kids, they want to do things over and over to the 100th degree! They make life worth living!

Kim,

I hope the doctor calls you back ASAP today. Thinking of you!

April and Robert, I just love how our children keep life fun and interesting! I am sitting here today with a horrible cold allowing Rachel to watch Christmas movies over and over. In between movies we are playing games and reading together. I LOVE having little ones to help keep me focused and enjoy every day to the fullest!

hey jennibf,
Sorry you are home battling a cold, I left work at lunch today, came home to hit the couch. Feels like something viral going on, maybe?
And tonight, my hubby has a meeting to go to, and my little Ian will watch Rudolph over, and over, and over...
take good care of yourself,
brenda

Email address for Zaphoon

Hey Zaphoon - I tried to PM you, but I do not have the ability yet...do you have an email?

Try it again quiksilver. You should have access.

AL.

Kim the zany zaphoon player-
Did you say it was a nose harp?
Got any news yet? Hope u feel better soon-EVERYBODY! We'll have plenty of yuck going around I am sure since Winter is here.

I am really in the Xmas spirit this year already. Even though the presents will be moderate, we have the house decorated and my 7 y.o is in the tub with Gingerbread bath salts....and we listen to Xmas music all day. We have yet to watch A Christmas Story and Xmas Vacation. I can quote nearly all the lines from those 2 movies and Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Dan and the kids are always quoting movie lines and since Im not really a tv wacther, I dig this time of year so I can join in on the quotes with some accuracy- LOL. They always get so mad at me when I talk about Bilbo Baggins having graduated from Hogwarts. tee hee.

Sheesh. I am really yappy.
Sorry- LOL.

Love,
Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back