Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
is the uvula supposed to be straight down, mine is permanently to the right like my tongue goes to right when i stick it out, is this normal or not?
i suppose they'll do tests for bulbar symptoms next week when i go to mnd clinic

Its suppose to hang straight down ,like i said im thinking it will tend toward the weak side . If theres lesions in the right Cerebral Cortex ,it will go right .I read an article on this a while back ,im thinking University Of California ? I think regardless of what damage there is we have a weaker side ,may not be much but its there . Mine is kind of Mixed ,my right hand is still fairly coordinated ,but not my right Leg ,when i fall its usually due to the right leg folding up on me ,and when im rounding a corner in the house im finding turning right is harder ,i use the walls to get steady sometimes, dont need much ,this is why we painted eveything in Semi Gloss Enamel , they wash easy . Geo

i too have problems turning to the right, i loose my balance. especially going through doors i always fall to the right side of the door frame.

When im in the house i dont use my cane i just stay close to the walls in case i need to get stable .We have extra thick carpet so thats a real treat too .Ever walk on a mattress LOL .But if i fall i bounce more instead of a hard floor . I dont need alot of stablization im real careful and watch every step . I tend to grab the door frames especially stepping up into the house 2 steps . I still have a very good appetite Connie made BLTs ,she made me 4 -1/2 im a pig Love em . Geo

geo

the blt's sound good, i only wish i could chew it, this not being able to eat is a major problem i only hope neuro at mnd clinic next week can give me something to help.
i suspect it's clonus and spasms thats causing it, but my tongue is a suspect.
do you think upping my baclofen dose may help?
what i would'nt give for a descent meal right now,i'll have to go suck on something this food talk is making me hungry lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back