Diagnosis
04/2018
Country
US
State
GA
City
Someplace
In The Beginning, God 🌘 created.....and today, continues to create...🌄....

May Blessings ✝️ abound. ❤️ B 😎

That is in fact both beautiful and relaxing.

Hi, Beauty. Thank you for pointing us to this wonderful passage.

I am intrigued by verse four: "And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness." NLT. The idea of separating light and darkness does not really make sense to us, because our light can be interrupted by matter to form a shadow. It makes me imagine the time soon after the universe was created, when everything was still super hot. Everything in the universe was glowing with heat. All there was was light! But then at some point solid matter began to form. And the darkness and the light were separated.

I have said elsewhere that I have no problem reconciling science with belief in God. Whether or not one believes in a literal seven-day creation, there is a wealth of scientific observation contained in this passage such as understanding of the sun, moon, and stars as the basis for how we measure time and the understanding of how seed-bearing plants reproduce.

I believe that God loves his creation, including all the plants and animals down to the microscopic. When this passage says that God found something "good", I don't understand it in the sense of someone saying "good job", but rather that it is something intrinsically good.

Paul writes in Romans 8:19-23:

For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are. Against its will, all creation was subjected to God’s curse. But with eager hope, the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God’s children in glorious freedom from death and decay. For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us. NLT

Makes me smile just thinking about it. 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back