Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
US
State
FL
City
Clermont
Hello. I live in Central Florida. lake county/Orange county area. I am struggling to find a general practitioner to see me. My Primary care has recently suggested I find a new physician as they are moving toward more high end services and they have categorized me as a "zebra" patient meaning I am the only one of my kind in their practice. They are inconvenienced by having to order tests or see me in person. That said, the local als chapter is no help either. Anyone living in and around my counties know of any internists or general physicians? Thanks!

I am sorry they are doing this though it sounds as if you better without them!

if no one here has an idea have you asked your neuro? Or are they too far away? When my pcp threatened to retire ( and ended up not) my neuro recommended someone

HI. My neuro is about 1.5 hour away.

Your neuro may still know PCPs in your area -- if not, you can go to your health plan site and generate a list of internists, then other sites to look at them more closely. You can also post on Next Door, your local Facebook group, etc. without saying anything about your health, just asking neighbors for recommendations.

Long term, you want to might end up with a closer neuro as well.

I have contacted many in the area. Most are not accepting new patients. And I have done the next door thing as well Unfortunately the closest ALS Neuro is gainesville Florida which is 1.5 hours away. and thank you.

Finding primary care is hard in many places especially now. Another reason to ask the neuro in case they know someone Also if you happen to have a friend in the medical field. Closed practices may take someone as a favor to a colleague. Another route would be if a member of your immediate family has a pcp sometimes they will accept their close relatives.

MELAB,
The neurologist Dr August Joseph on Lee Road near Winter Park might have some leads for you. He diagnosed my wife years ago.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back