Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
uk
State
UK
City
Glasgow
Good evening everyone. My names Jason and I'm 29 years old from the UK.

I need some general advise from yourself's as I am experiencing symptoms that are worrying me.

I think I might have weakness in my left shoulder because I have this unconfortableness and feeling in the left shoulder blade which I can't describe now I am left handed and this is my dominant hand so I should have no problem doing things but for the last few months I can't shake this feeling in my shoulder blades now I don't know what weakness is but I think I have it.

I've been doing some crazy things out of character for me like lifting my sofas with one hand checking strength, lifting my small dog above my head but she feels like a ton like the weight pushing back on me, just stupid things testing my strength. What concerned me was there was a glass bottle in my fridge and I couldn't open the bottle cap and no matter how hard I tried I couldnt I took it too my teenage son who also couldn't open it. I managed too open it with my teeth and then screwed it back on and could open it no problem also with other bottles I can open no bother and I'm not sure if the bottle cap was stuck because it was in there a long time.

I also have twitches in my right leg calves and a twitching hotspot near my ankle bone and this pulses in and out then sends a twitch straight up my leg. I can run up stairs quickly and can run outdoors no problem and can raise my legs above my head.

I also thing I am slurring words when I am speaking and have asked people if my speech sounds slurred they said no but I feel as if I am when talking and I also have loads of saliva in my mouth also.

I've been too 4 different doctors who have done reflex and strength tests and said everything seems fine along with 2 full clears blood samples. I was back at the 5th doctor and there sending me too a neuro as she said I've been down too see them a few times anout twitching and she wants the neuro just too check too put me too ease.

Any advise would be great

Thank you.

Feeling weak is not clinical weakness - 4 doctors have confirmed that

Feeling like you slur is not slurring - your friends all confirm that
Opening a glass bottle with teeth - well that's just plain stupidity

You won't believe me if you won't believe 4 doctors and you probably won't believe a neurologist either, but I will say it once, then I'm off this thread - you have NO ALS SYMPTOMS.

Go back to your doctor and ask for help managing your anxiety, that is something that can be helped which is great news.

I sincerely wish you all the best and suggest you stop using the internet to diagnose, or join a health anxiety forum as that may help you a lot.

Well, bless your heart...

Be careful... that dog will pee on you. That might not be saliva. Also, you wrote, ("can raise my legs above my head.")... at the same time? I'd like to see that!

Again, bless your heart...

hope you find a doctor that will tell you, "Try a bottle opener next time."

PS. Mods, had to do it just one time. Won't use it again. This one was a gift.

Ditto what Tillie said. It's not ALS and you don't belong on this forum.

There appears to be an epidemic of "let's-have-some-fun-with-the-sick-folks-at-thanksgiving."

The worst doctor on the planet his name is Dr. Google. He should sued for malpractice. All does does is scare the crap out of people. I think I could get better advise from my dog. Rant done on with living.

Sorry if I have offered anyone with my thread the other week. I just cant shake this feeling something is not right with me my shoulders feel weak and have pain and a feeling in my shoulder blades and neck and my left arm and fingers feel weak. I don't know if I think about everything I'm doing now and it's harder to do as you automatically do things and I feel like I'm mumbling and slurring when speak .

sorry mate time out, back to your doctors, we have done all we can.

Goodbye ! You don't have ALS. You need to see a psychiatist though. If you truly have slurring of speech and left arm problems you should be evaluated by a cardiologist. Call your regular doctor and check with him on his recomendations not us. We answered you and are done. Best of luck to you.

Hey guys I know I've had concerns regarding my situation and really appreciate all the advise given and taken your time too do so.

I've noticed in the last few days that my index finger has started too curl inwards slightly and this has worried me as I've heard this is a sign of ALS.

I have no weakness in this finger and can straighten it out full when need too but when it's relaxed it goes bent slightly at the tip of the finger .

Advice: Go to a psychiatrist immediately. You need major help!

You really don't have ALS.

UKLAD: At this website, you're using up the time of terminal patients who are making a big effort to try to help. Our people here are paralyzed, and reading and writing is very difficult. Since you don't have ALS, you really shouldn't be using us up like this.

In fact, since your doctor is sending you to a neurologist just to "ease your mind" I'd say you're being a drain on the NHS for the wrong reasons. Ask to see a psychologist, instead.

Don't respond, Just go get the therapy you need.

Can I ask one more question and you will never hear from me again.

Does als present itself this way with finger drop. But when I lay my hand on a table I can stretch all my fingers out no problem.

UkLad, surely you jest? Stop yanking our chains, you're wasting the precious time of good people on here.

I'm actually being serious and wouldn't intentionally waste anyone's time. Just the finger tip seems bent a little but I can stretch it out when placing hand flat on a table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back