Gaining weight with als?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Lisa!

I so appreciate all of your discussions and replies to my question and the subject. I will keep reading. thank you , all !
grandtetons2

try with coconut & peanut butter...
i have no problems with swallowing, so i decided to see in vivo why autophagy doesnt work in als. i dropped to 79kg (lost 3 kg), but i regain lost mass. less weight makes me motorically ok, but have no strength. i do intermittent fasting occasionally.

Jethro: how do you regain lost mass? thank you for info .

frankly, i dont know. i eat normally (no peg) and i think that it contributed. oh... sence of taste i lost few years ago. you wont regret if you take coconut oil.

jethro: thanks for idea of coconut oil. Thank you, each and every one of you for your ideas and discussions. It is encouraging and so helpful! Take care all of you and I will read, read, read !

Eggs, nut butters, olive and seed oils, cottage cheese, blended milk puddings, tender or pureed meat, easy veg like canned beets, canned fruit, applesauce, mashed potatoes with lots of butter and sour cream, whole grain pancakes/waffles w/ syrup, breaded food if you tolerate it...tell the functional med doc to hit the road. They are not geared for this. ALS doesn't just steal movement, it perverts your metabolism.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you , Laurie. Good information I will follow. :)

To Lisa G : Can you tell me how you make your shake/smoothie and it's worth 1000 calories ?
I need to gain weight !

I'd to happy to share with you
Item Calories Protein
Banana 105 1.3g
Soy Lecithin 1Tbsp 40 0
Hemp Heart 1Tbsp 60 8g
Nutritional Yeast 1Tbsp 20 3g
Flaxseed 1Tbsp 55 1.9g
Walnuts 1/4 cup 180 4g
Silk Ultra Milk 8oz 180 20g
Orgain Protein Powder 2 Scoops 150 21g
Avocado 1/4 80 1g
Blackberries 1/4 cup 15 1g
Pomegranate 1Tbsp 19 0
Blueberries 1/2 cup 70 1g
Raspberries 1/2 cup 40 1g
Spinach 1 cup 7 0.86g

Total: 1,021 64.06g

I put in a blender. Remember you can use anything you want just be aware of calorie and protein content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back