Barbie4

Distinguished member
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Everett
Many of you don't know me. search March 2006. but I just came today to say how scared I am about Gail. It has been almost three years now and I am so frightened every night.

Gail caught a cold on monday and when her husband and I took her to the doctor Wednesday, I felt helpless. She cried, she couldn't catch her breath and now she might get Pneumonia.

So much has happened in the past three years. So much. I don't want her to die on her Son's thirteenth birthday, I don't want her to die before Christmas, I don't want her to die at all, but I know it will come.
It was hard enough going with her husband and three children to cut down our Christmas trees without her this year.

So much pain, so much worry and so much more pain.

I feel your sadness coming through this post. I understand it all too well. Many PALS do recover from bouts of pneumonia, so there is still hope.
My heart is with you, as I am sadened and worry each day for my mother who has ALS, we are getting into scary territory lately as well.
bless you,
Holly

Hi Barb. Just a reminder that I'm here or Lee if you need to talk. You still have my number don't you?

AL.

Barb,

I am so sorry what you are going through...Gail is so lucky to have you as a friend.
Hopefully she will pull through and not end up with Pneumonia.

I find it hard to respond to posts like this! My heart goes out to you, but it does not have to be the end unless you let it. Catching a cold does not have to turn into pnemonia and even if it does it can be cured with a course of antibiotics. I have had a cold and pnemonia since getting my tracheostomy but I am still alive and doing well. Have you considered a tracheostomy since breathing has become an issue? You can live a long time if you are willing to embrace technology. I appologize if this has come across as being harsh or insensitive, but contrary to what most people think ALS does not have to be fatal! It upsets me greatly when people assume the only choice they have is to die.

Hello Barbie, Dear Friend1 Although many of us have not met but came to the Forum around the same time I feel like we are good friends. We have been thru a lot together. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Love to Gail and you and Family . I'm still here for you. Love, Beebe

Hi Barbie- I remember you and Gail and her family. You are so devoted! It must be awful to feel so helpless. I hope she is a little better tonight! Cindy

better

Thanks for your replies.

Thank Heavens, Gail feels better this week and is not coughing and choking so much. I was so scared last week, that I was going to lose her. As much as I prepare, I will never be ready for that. I also feel so helpless when she is so weak and sad. I found a video of her when she was walking and talking and we were playing with our babies at the cottage. It is great to see her like that, and even better to hear her voice again.

I come here to express my feelings when I just need to get it out. Does that make sense.?

I know you are there AL and Lee. I think of you both often, hoping you are both okay. unfortunatly, my Mom's cancer has moved to her brain and I am overwhelmed with her and Gail right now. Way too much sadness sometimes.

Thanks for listening.

hello to you Beebe. Hope you and your family have been coping okay without Jack, but I can only imagine how hard it must be. I think of you often too.

Barbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back