Very helpful member
Country
US
State
michigan
City
oakland twp
Hi all!

I just wanted to post something funny with my boys to lighten the mood.

We were talking about getting older and my 4 yr old said that he wanted to marry me when he grew up! ok, can that be any more sweet...

Then my 7 yr old said " I am not going to marry you, I dont want to marry an old lady!"
Ok......that hurt. He use to want to marry me too. But calling me an old lady at 36, really?

boys are sooooo much fun and never dull.

That is a great story...we have kiddos close in age. I have a 5 and 7 year old. My seven year old this weekend thought while we were at a christening that I was a Grandma...rather than A GODMOTHER. I am thankful everyday for the chaos my boys bring to our life. It will be fun to exchange boy stories Fondly, Kelly

Add me in to the boys group!

Our boys are 18, 15 and 7. The 7 yr old was carving a pumpkin tonight and the 15 yr old just had to do one too! They are definitely a treat to have around, and a lot of work, at times, too.

Happy weekend to all,
brenda

I didn't have any boys and having girls has been an adventure! We even had to have a female dog that stuck around for 8 years. I think she suffered from the canine version of PNS, got dizzy and ran away (sigh...).

I taught my youngest how to shoot a bow. It made me feel more like I had a son.:D

Zaphoon

Oh it gets better.

My 7 yr old, ok it is Jack. Jack tells me that he got his card flipped today at school. Well, we work very hard on this. I asked him what happen and he told me that a boy screamed in his ear so he screamed back in the boys ear. I asked him what he could have done diffently and he said tell the teacher? I said NO, just tell the boy to not yell in your ear.

HE then replied at the ripe age of 7, "what, do you want me to sound like a girl?", I did not get what he ment and said, no just tell him nicely. He said' yes, you do want me to talk like a girl, and I wont do it!"

OH are they not cute, them boys! I was one of four girls, boy are new to me and If is a wonderful ride. MY girl is just so sweeet and girlie at 11 months. She hugs all the stuff animals that my boys threw at the wall.

Well, out of 7 ,5 of mine are boys, what a joy they are. I always say boys are just real, they always have a heart for their mom's. Girls just a little more complicated and whiny, and I am talking about the 21 year old not the twin.lol

The biggest difference between boys and girls is GUILT..... I found this out visiting my sister in law who has one child a girl. We were eating supper and it was awful, my boys sat back quietly and would not touch it. My sister in law said, why wont you two eat what i made, i worked really hard on it just for you? They said, I dont like it! Then her husband said, honey there boys, you cant guilt them into doing something. It brought me back on how many times i behaved because i had my mom's feelings or others feelings in mind when generally boys could care less..... When i was a preschool teacher most of the girls would give up toys to the boys or spots in line, and i had to get on them about it... The boys would just push there way in like they were a step above them, i taught the girls to speak up! I love my boys and would not trade them for the world, but it would be nice to see some girly things in my house, although its nice to be the only lady in there life for now.

My boy thinks anything is possible, including putting a kitten in the pool! The cat was swimming around after him leisurely and didn't even have her ears back. We took her out of the pool and she just shook the water off and sat there like "what's next - let's go for it!" I had told him time and time again that cats don't like water. Well, I guess he proved me wrong! LOL

Fun stories. I love my kids. They keep me smiling all the time. One of my favorite moments with my oldest occured when he was four. We were heading somewhere and I can't even remember what brough it up, but I said, "Well if you spit in the air it lands in your face." and he replied, "No it doesn't. You run away."

I better not get started or else I'll end doing the digital equivalent of unfolding a wallet with fifty pictures :)

Robert

Planning guy

I know what you are talking about, I wish all of you could really see all my beautiful kids, they are so great, I remember when my 25 year old was 4 and I was doing something while I was driving and when I looked up we were heading for the ditch, I managed to pull the car back on the road and he looked at me so sweet and said, " mom we almost had a nervous wreck" I don't know who he had been listening to all his years?lol. They are so great.

Renee

I just love every minute with my kids. My boys never amaze me. Samantha is right, boys are different. I work in my boys class. The girls hold hands and skip and the boys push and shove and taunt each other. IT really is a blessing to see this at the young age. I love the differences of boys and girls and thank God every day that I am girl! ie.... my husband to help my sister move today after our sons b-day party and he his sicker than a dog, but he is a guy and had to help move heavy furniture in the rain and cold and hey I am a mom that has to stay indoors and cuddle with my baby girl.........LOVE being a girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back