06/2008
Country
US
State
any
City
any
hello all,

I thought it might be fun to share some wintery-snow-ice-etc stories. Where we live has been really scarry for about 6 days now. I live in Western KY and the ice started last Monday night, then snow, on tues, then power out Tues afternoon.............

Today is Superbowl Sunday- WAY TO GO PITTSBURGH!

And my family and I have been staying at my sister's house for the last 3 nights. The power is still out at our farm-as I'm sure it is for many of you also.

My sister enjoys cooking and cleaning, unlike myself, and she put the second batch of choc chip cookies in the oven last night. Being the guest, and wanting to help out,
I offered to get the cookies out when the timer went off.

There I go, oven mitt on my right hand, bulbar onset ALS, hands must be getting weaker...

I dropped the cookie sheet TOWARD the oven, all the cookies slid off onto the bottom of the oven! Needless to say, smoke was everywhere, luckily my hubby, the retired fireman, helped us clean all the cookie "goop" out before there was any danger.:)

So we laughed, laughed, and laughed some more about how I should never, ever, offer to help my sister do anything in the kitchen again!:lol::lol:

And after we piled up all the cookie "goop" , we actually snacked on it-my boys made the comment that at least we got a bite of chocolate in every bite!

Memories...priceless!

Chocolate chip cookies and a big glass of milk are always good whether the power is off or not. All we have had is a cold rain with big snowflakes. Hope you have fun weathering the storm Brenda.

...did someone mention chocolate chip cookies?

oh yeah...
choc chip cookies and some very cold milk

we didn't care that they were all "smashed" in the oven:p:p

he he he...sounds like a fun activity!

OK, so we had snow (and ice), but being in rough tough Jersey, we kept all of our electric/ gas :)

but, in keeping with "hands don't fail me now" I dropped the cat's litter box when I was attempting to carry to clean it, and no, those weren't chocolate chips that spilled onto the livingroom rug....... then again they also didn't melt, which was a very good thing. :shock:

oh my gosh,
I'm falling out of my chair laughing over cat litter!

We don't have snow yet. Weather gurus are hinting at flurries tomorrow!

No chocolate chip cookies or kitty litter either! Try the lovely aroma of a whole GIANT bottle of soy sauce and the artistic results of it having been splashed and bottle having been scattered in shards from kitchen to dining room.

How the hell my husband cut his right hand since he was holding the bottle in his left is a mystery. All he said was Damn! which came out Nam!

I came in the kitchen and was shocked at the splatter pattern! He was just standing there in a pool of soy sauce. He said, "All I wanted was a few drops of soy sauce..." I fake boohooed and my son came running and joined in on the fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back