Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
Let me preface this by saying I don't have a foot fetish.

I also don't get into all of this daily self-examination stuff but when I notice something, it has really had to radically change. As I stated earlier, I'm slow on the draw.

My toes have developed gaps (big ones!) inbetween that I don't remember being there before and the top part of my feet seems to have lost its roundedness and caved in. What the heck happened there? Oh, don't worry, I'm not getting sucked into foot atrophy.

Just wondering if anyone else out there saw their feet going funky like this (and I refuse to post pictures of my pedal extemities!) Ha, ha.

Zaphoon

Last edited:
I agree and I dont want to get sucked in anymore than I have been but........

My feet are the same without the spaces inbwteen toes. MY feet are boney, the bones pop out of the sides and you can see all the bones of top of my feet connecting to my toes. My feet never looked this way before. I just assumed that I lost small muscle on my feet and maybe from something/anything other than Mnd.

BTW, my feet are in constant pain. I can not wear my heels anymore! When I walk bare foot, the feel weak as well. They ache alot, so I wear ugly (well cute as can be) tennis shoe.

but I am glad that I can walk on them and do tip toes and heels and all that still, so I have not decided to worry to much at this point...........ask me in anther 6 months.

OK I give up what does BTW mean:lol:

Pat

sorry pat,

it means "by the way"

We need a picture of your piggy toes :)

I have no clue but wanted to send a hug (((( ))))

I appreciate the hug.:lol:

Pics of the piggies, definitely out! I just can't bring myself to do it. I wonder if I should mention the feet thing at my next clinic appt next week. Ah, they'll probably think I'm some kind of nut case of a foot watcher if I do.

You know that walk they make you do on your tip-toes. Well, If I can't do it next week (and I'm not going to practice), the blame goes on my feet turning funky.

Zaphoon

I don't think they will think you are a nut case. Ask if you feel like it. :)

Kim-

I think it is definaetly worth mentioning. Not sure exactly where you are talking about on the fleshy parts, but personally-"MY arches have fallen and I can't get up!"
My weakness has been consistant in the small muscles of hand/forearm and small muscles in feet. ( one at a time over the course of a year and creeping upward)

Good luck to you!

Cindy

Kim,

I would definately mention it to the dr.... We what to see those litle piggys, post a picture.

I agree that it probably means something. (what?) My toes have spread apart more, but there has always been space between them - its more that the grouping is more noticeable - which ones stick together closer, and where there is more of a gap.

Cindy, my arches are falling too, mostly the right foot. They used to be so high, that there was even a gap where my foot didn't touch the floor on the outside. Like a tapering tunnel :) My orthopedic shoes I broke down and bought help, as well as helping with propelling myself forward. ... still haven't gone for the AFOs yet, I have some other issues that need attended to first.

My arches fell and I went from a 9 1/2 shoe to an 11. Now with the swelling I can't find shoes to fit. Even tried a 14 wide. Maybe I'll just wear the boxes.

AL.

No funky feet yet, but mysteriously I have lost 4 inches in height in the last several years (my bones are fine ... no thinning) ... and my shoe size has gone from a 6 1/2 to an 8. I have clearly lost the battle against gravity. I feel like I'm going to end up 3 feet tall with size 20 shoes.

I guess I can always find work at the circus.

Beth....LOL, LOL, LOL

My arches are still high with alot of pain.I am the same size shoe, but my feet have gotten skinnier length wise. My shoes and boots are big and really big at the ankles. The bone connecting to my toe on both feet is overly pronounced and dented, strange thing is I looked at my sisters (the one with cramps) and her feet, only at that toe looked the same. IT was wierd because she wieghs 150 pounds more than me. but she has the same dent. My other 2 sisters dont. I dont know what that means..... I may post my feet? I would post my hands first, but only to my friends.

Beth & Al,

Your comments put me on the floor with laughter! A little tough getting back in the chair but it was worth it!

Me too!

The naive would think that Al's take on it couldn't be topped,... but then along came Beth :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back