Fun Poll...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PALS Mike

Distinguished member
Al and I were having an Online Chat the other night (btw Al, Jane...I think I've worked out most of the bugs. )

Turns out, our families/inlaws(outlaws :D ) have cottages about 5-10 mins apart in the Muskokas!
After our chat, I had a CRAVING for Cookies from Don's Bakery in Bala.

I noticed a few other people (in the forum) are familiar with the area...
And I had to have a poll...

:wink:

Weber's used to have a good burger and fries. Not sure if they still grind their own meat but the burgers are smaller and I don't think they are as good as they used to be. Milkshakes are still top notch. Did you know there is a Weber's at Terminal 3 in Pearson Airport? on the departures level. Now you can get a burger year round. Still have to drive to Bala for the goodies though. Should be up there this week for dad-in-laws birthday on the 19th.

Hi Al:

I agree with you completely. Webers used to be a great burger place but, I believe that the son (who took over from Paul) sold the business in the early 90's, and I think that its nowhere near what it was in the 70's and 80's. Now it's just a novelty...like it is at Terminal 3. I'm not sure that you can transplant the experience of eating burgers under the trees along Hwy 11 into a cramped restaurant in the departures lounge at YYZ. I've been to Bala but not to Don's... that's over in the affluent part of Muskoka where they don't let rifraf like us Lake of Bays people.

Cheers

T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back