Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MA
City
Milton
Female age 62, made appointment w/ neurologist bc, twitches all over body, comes and goes in diferent places, I had to recently increase blood pressure meds bc of sudden rise. Tachycardia ( palpatations ) diagnosed by wearing monitor as sinus tachycardia , loss of weight since April. Hard to keep the weight on. Feet periodically prickly feeling. Toes cramp more. It appears I’ve lost muscle tone but it’s hard to tell BC I’ve lost so much weight. Lift weights and work out daily or , jog. At night, when resting or sleeping, my limbs sometimes move involuntarily. Other than that I feel fine. Very concerned this is a slam dunk ALS. Neurological symptoms just started as Tremor right thumb then, progressed to twitches.

Hello there-

I recommend you read here- Read Before Posting

The link above explains a few things. While it doesn't sound like the warning signs for ALS, it's clear something is going on. It's important to keep working with your doctors to try to figure out what that might be. Tremors, sensory issues, heart troubles and involuntary movements would not make a doctor consider ALS, but there are many other things they would want to look into.

I hope you find some answers soon. Take care

I did read the link . I see that “ weight loss” isn’t mentioned . I thought the ALS site mentioned weight loss. Maybe that’s BC of atrophy. I measured my thighs, biceps, claves and they all measure the same. Also. Biceps seem flacid.

Thanks!

Not at all a slam dunk for ALS, but suggestive that you are in a state of hypervigilance. If the limb movement improves with your own movement and worsens at rest, it's worth asking about screening for RLS/PLMD. BP and heart rate can influence twitching and vice versa, so sleep, stress, diet, exercise, and hydration are all worth a look. If your sleep is fragmented, as can relate to anything from allergies to needing a new pillow/mattress, that can cause the whole constellation that you're describing, including weight loss as you expend more energy. And as you note, sudden weight loss does muscle tone no good.

A good PCP can work with you on this, or you can likely find your own strategies for feeling better.

The excellent news -- no need to worry about ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back