Not open for further replies.
Country
US
State
OH
City
Kent
Hi PALS and CALS!

Some of you may remember me, I was having a very difficult time with my brother who had ALS and I came to this forum during my very troubled times. This website was an absolute lifesaver for me! On May 6, 2008, my brother succumbed to ALS.

I have been selected as a semi-finalist (1 in 20) for a trip to NYC for a beauty makeover because of my story I related to them about being a caretaker for my brother with ALS. Part of the reason I am excited about this is because this is an opportunity to get free publicity about ALS (take it wherever you can find it, right?). They say the winner will appear on television but I have no clue what show or anything!

I have sent e-mails to between 300-500 people and have included some info on ALS in the e-mail and on myspace. I have also included the link to www.als-mda.org . I hope that you will take a moment and vote for me at http://www.smartnow.com/page/6489 and if I win, the story alone will give some badly needed FREE publicity for those with this insidious disease. Please forward this info by copying and pasting it in an e-mail to whoever you think may vote for me. People can vote as many times as they like. Just hit "refresh" and it will take you right back to vote again.

By the way, I begin school Monday to become a registered nurse at Kent State University. I have thought I may specialize in ALS caretaking but am not sure where I really will end up!

You all take care and much appreciation to you for all you do, all you go through and for this website!

Sincerely,
Mary Jo

Hi Mary Jo. You have a new sign in name. What was your old one?

AL.

MDA Telethon Nationally/Locally

Hi Everyone,

Talk about free advertisment or support for ALS. I will be doing this for MDA locally, rather I have been asked to tell my story. MDA is near and dear to my heart in the USA, as this organization supports those with ALS, and provides funding for equipment. I cannot say enough about MDA.

Augie & Lynne Nieto will appear on the MDA Telethon nationally at 1:10A.M., 11:10P.M., 2:20P.M. All times are eastern.

Support this important organization and watch the telethon this weekend for updates on how the investments made by the MDA have enabled our research to move faster than ever before on ALS .

God Bless Each and have a wonderful weekend.

CALS,
Caroliney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back