Diagnosis
07/2019
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
I have some medical equipment and supplies that I'm hoping to give away or donate. I could deliver to anywhere near Seattle or Portland (or between them). Everything is free. Anything that people don't want, will be donated to the local ALS foundation, nursing homes, etc (whoever will take it).

Cough Assist Unit - Phillips (only used once)
Home suction unit - DeVilbiss
Home suction unit - Schuco
Suction Toothbrush - Oral Clean (never used)

Drive Walkers - 2 available
Shower Chair
Transfer Pole (tension)

Jevity - (lots of canisters available)
TwoCal - Jevity but with more calories and less fiber (lots of canisters available)
Mic-Key Feeding Tube extenders - (I have a bunch of these)
Disposable syringes - 60ml (I have SOOO many of these)
IV Pole with wheels

Depends - size S/M (lots of these)

I'll pay for shipping ,the cough assist to 90501. Is it a T70?

I'll pay you for the shipping and your trouble. I have a trach and it will be put to good use for sure. I'm not sure sure how to do private messages to exchange info. Thanks

I'll send you a DM!

I realized I also have (for free):

Transport Chair - Lightweight Expedition Aluminum with Loop Lock and 12" rear wheels

Toilet Safety Frame - I have 2 of these
Foot Stool with Handrail

I really need a cough assist for myself, I'd do $100 plus pay shipping

Sorry Bert, the cough assist was already spoken for. I hope you find one soon.

Your offer is very kind! I would be interested in the Oral Clean System and would cover any costs to ship to Florida if you are willing. Thank you

Boxedin, yes I can ship to Florida! I'll DM to work out the details!
mod note please check your messages for a mod dm with rmt’s contact information

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon - I just noticed that my nephew, Casey joined a bit ago and introduced himself in the newly diagnosed thread. My niece and best friend, Breanna, 43 was diagnosed on October 2nd at the University of Washington. We are looking for a shower chair, a wheel chair, we're so overwhelmed right not we're struggling. She is a single mom of 3 teens with no family in Washington. I don't understand yet a lot of the equipment you have available, but if you know how we can obtain a shower chair, items to assist her getting on and off the toilet, ramps, etc. this is where we're starting.

I just joined today, so my posts are limited. We are taking turns as a family trying to care for her. Her Dad is coming into town this Friday. If you have something that can assist her, I could get her Dad to drive to Seattle to pick it up.

If I am off-base, my apologies.

Hi CanyonLisa - My husband was a veteran so he got all of his equipment through the VA. He passed way in July 2022, and I've already given away all of his equipment. But I know there are places you can get equipment. Others people here may have ideas of where to get resources. Caregivers can post in the general and CALS threads asking for ideas. And you can search old posts to find out where others have found equipment. I'm glad you found this forum. There is lots of good information and helpful people here!

CanyonLisa, you could also reach out to the ALS Association in the Seattle area. Most of the chapters have loaner closets with equipment they will give you for free for however long you need it - ramps, shower chairs, etc.

Lisa, the ALSA chapter here should have a Hoyer lift loaner available. They should also have some of the other items as DMB pointed out (less familiar since we did not go through the ALSA for anything but the lift and a power wheelchair loaner). Insurance should pay for a power chair, but definitely best to get the process underway at UW if that's her clinic. Here is a list of some of the loan closets around here.

I will PM you to see if you need any other pointers. Craigslist, her Buy Nothing Group, and the social worker at the UW clinic are other possible resources.

Last edited:
Back