Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
US
State
CA
City
Ontario
I have the following equipment available for anyone who can come and pick it up:

Power Wheelchair (Quantum 614) - only 8 months old
Manual Wheelchair
Bedside Commode (never used)
Adult Large Diapers
Chucks
Bath Transfer Bench

I'm located in Southern California, if you are interested, please e-mail me at [email protected].

meikela please contact Stu at ALS Guardian Angels. I'm sure he would know of someone who needs and can use your items.

THANK YOU for your generous heart! Please contact ALS Guardian Angels, they have a web site here ALS Guardian Angels

but it is probably better to contact them on facebook and you can find them on facebook here
Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

By chance do you still have the wheelchair. I am at the stage of needing a power chair and my insurance only covers a fraction of what one costs.

Thank you,

Jim
858-472-9545

Jim - Have you qualified for Medicare yet? Medicare will cover one pwc... Just a thought.

I am looking ibto medicare. Do you know how much they will cover for equipment costs?

Thank you

If you get straight Medicare, the last time I looked, they will cover 80%. That leaves you with 20 and that 20 can be a lot for a PWC. If you go with a Medicare Advantage Plan, look closely at what they cover for DME, as some plans are now going with a 70/30 split, instead of 80/20. If you can't afford the 20%, be sure and ask the PWC distributor about "financial need or waiver" program.

Also remember that there is a waiting period of 5 months for Medicare, even after the date of approval.

Thank you for the info. I think I need to get signed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back