Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
ca
City
thousand oaks
Hi, I Have a acorn stair lift, stair glider, that I would like to give to an PALS, we just paid 4K to have this installed just a few months back, but we are changing over to a incline wheelchair stair lift. This lift is nearly new, 17' of track, but I believe you could have the track cut down if your stairs aren't quite that high. I live in Southern California, and you would need to be able to send someone to pick it up. Unfortunately, I have no way to delivery.
If you have a need for a stair lift, and could use this, please email or call. My number is 805-497-9844.
Andrea - wife of Pals Jim

free acorn stair lift

Thanks Andrea for the offer.

We need two in southeast michigan. I have a quad- a tri-level with a basement. The bathrooms are 6 stairs up and 6 stairs down. I can walk at the moment but it is getting harder.

I have a builder who works with acorn products. I don't know if he has a way of getting it here or not but will check.

Also, we have a relative in san diegio, and one in an LA suburb north of hollywood.

However, your experience with Jim suggests we should just go ahead with the platform lift or incline wheelchair lift. My doctor's assistant recommends the latter. I think it is much more expensive If you could do it over, would you have gotten the stair lift?

Ron

[email protected]

Ron, if I could do it over, I would have certainly started with the incline wheelchair stair lift rather than with the stair glider. We only used the stair glider a few months, so it was 4K essentially wasted when we just had to go to the next thing anyways. However, Jim is a very fast progressor, some people might get much longer use out of the stair glider, by keeping a wheelchair upstairs, or a walker, and not having difficulty w/transfers, etc.
We got the butler incline wheelchair lift. You would have to have a straight shot, and a large area both up and down stairs to use this lift, which we do. We also have very wide stairs, so it is a perfect fit for us. We paid 14K for it, (we installed ourselves, w/the help of several contractor friends) so that was just for the lift/shipping.
I have heard of some cheaper outside elevators, I think it was called a minivator? We didn't go w/that because we would have had to have cut a hole in our bedroom wall, put in a door, added an upstairs deck, etc...and we were able to do the incline lift. However, if you cannot, perhaps one of the cheaper elevators that goes on the outside of your home would be a good option?

I found a new home for the stairlift. A newly diagnosed PALS in Southern California is the happy new owner.

What a great and generous thing to pass the lift along. Thank you for the mental lift!

Sharonca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back